Bad FPS in Games with a R9 280X?

I was going to get this card but now I am weary

I can easily play BF4 game with 60+ fps on ultra settings in multiplayer at 1080p with an i5-2500 and a 280x. I used to get random drops to 40ish fps, those those went away completely for me after switching bf4 to use mantle.

Are there any settings besides upscaling that you can turn up?

Are you guys that are getting bad fps in BF4 turning up the resolution scale setting? That is hands down the most graphics intensive option in the game (its OGSSAA), I wouldn't expect good fps with it turned up significantly on anything other than crossfire/sli.

Is it stable? I mean the driver. Cause i still use 13.xx

Catalyst 14.4 is a WHQL driver, I've been using it here with no issues.

I can easily play BF4 game with 60+ fps on ultra settings in multiplayer at 1080p with an i5-2500 and a 280x. I used to get random drops to 40ish fps, those those went away completely for me after switching bf4 to use mantle.

Never tried Mantle, I uninstalled BF4 before it came out.

I think your expectations are a bit too high, the 280X is a good card, but it's not a monster. 

Try to use beta drivers. And don't forget saints row IV isn't well optimized.

Also BF4 on ultra is a bit too much for the card, the card can barely keep the card above 60FPS in BF3 on ultra.

my 270x can play btf4 at ultra 1080p with aa at 50-60fps average. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

If you want to play on Ultra, just turn all AA off. Unless you play BF in a tent from the deployment, you'll be moving around too much to notice the difference between AA and no AA.

Egg is love. Egg is life.