Running away from Apple, so many trade offs with android phones.

I currently have an iPhone 4 8gb and all I can say is why did apple allow this phone to get ios 7? A toaster can run better than it. I have been searching through the flagship phones off HTC, LG, and Samsung. There are truly so many trade offs with every one, and creates a difficult choice. I would have picked the HTC one m8 but I didn't due to the fact it didn't have a removable back or wireless charging capabilities. The LG g3 would be an easy choice, but isn't due to a few things. The whole EULA deal going on with LG, as mentioned in the WAN show yesterday, the fact that a snapdragon 801 had to drive a 2560 by 1440p display (I wish it had a 805), and the pressure of Samsung's galaxy note 4 packing the same display but with the snapdragon 805. I have no intentions of buying the Samsung galaxy-bandaid S5 because I feel that the LG g3 outdoes it. Also in Q1 or Q2 of next year the snapdragon 810 will be out in the phones. At this point I don't know if I should wait for next year, get the note 4, or get one of the phones out now.

Priorities go from high to low: performance, display, features, camera, battery, build and design. Now this doesn't mean that I would buy a phone that looks like a turd that has the latest and greatest though. So suggestions? I think I've given my thoughts on what I'm looking for and I'm just seeing if anyone better educated in this than I am could guide me somewhat. I did write this on an Android tablet using SwiftKey :D

I would wait if I was in your position. In fact, I was in your position minus the iPhone part. At the time I was indecisive as there were so many options. I waited for Note 3 and I believe I have made the right choice. Note line is the best line of phones any company has ever produced.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yeah my brother has the note 3 and it definitely looks good. I'm just afraid that if I go with the note 4 it will be way too big with its 5.7 inch screen. I just can't stand the useless Samsung features such as S Beam. Just please call it nfc! I know that pretty much any phone that I would be getting would be a huge performance improvement over the iPhone 4. Should I just wait until the end of this year or would it be pure overkill to wait for next year's phones? I think I just want to buy a phone on the bleeding edge :P

Thing is that the iPhone 4 is a 4 Year old handset so for Apple to still be supporting it is a good thing, Most manufactures of Android Handsets don't even ship the phone with the latest OS let alone update them in good time.

Anyone thinking of leaving apple right now should wait for the iPhone 6 to be announced then take a look at Android Handsets.

I did the same at the time of the iPhone 5s (Had a iPhone 5 at the time) now I own a HTC One M7 will be keeping an eye on the iPhone 6 as if its enough of an improvement I'll be getting it.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

The HTC M8 is a beast of a phone. It doesn't have a removable back or wireless charging, but neither do any of the iPhones. Stay away from Samsung, their skin on Android cripples the phone with worthless gimmicks and bloat.

root that thing and remove the bad stuff 

change the touch-wiz with nova  and booom you have increased the performance by 30 % min (i have a galaxy s2 )

Yeah I was thinking about getting the HTC M8 but between the terrible camera (I do want a phone that can take a decent picture and isn't at 4 megapixels, "Ultrapixels" don't matter to me), and some features that it doesn't have, there's other phones out there that would be better fitting. 

Xperia Z2

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses