Best value APU to go with an AMD 6670 ?

I've been looking around for a while and I'm stuck on what to get , Help please

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

~Liam

How about an A8-3870k? This guy made some benchmarks with that apu, and the gpu you have, you can see if they satisfy you.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How about an A8-3870k? This guy made some benchmarks with that apu, and the gpu you have, you can see if they satisfy you.

That's a good APU , but the power and FM1, I'm not sure about that? 

That's a good APU , but the power and FM1, I'm not sure about that? 

The problem is that I'm not sure a more recent apu will crossfire with your gpu.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The problem is that I'm not sure a more recent apu will crossfire with your gpu.

Both the 5800K and the 6800K will, they have VLIW4 processors onboard (6000 series) rather than the GCN used in the 7000 or R5/7/9 series.

I'd recommend the A8 5600K for best value.

Both the 5800K and the 6800K will, they have VLIW4 processors onboard (6000 series) rather than the GCN used in the 7000 or R5/7/9 series.

@Lima123 , like he said ^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just curious, are you going to buy those parts or only APU?

Ill buy the motherboard and APU if that is what you're asking?

I thought that too to be honest,  the only thing is ; I've had a Asus AMD 6670 for a year now... And i don't know how long these GPUs last. I'm not sure at all , or a i get a i3 or a FX CPU

Ah i see

I will look

I thought that too to be honest,  the only thing is ; I've had a Asus AMD 6670 for a year now... And i don't know how long these GPUs last. I'm not sure at all , or a i get a i3 or a FX CPU

Well my first 'real' gaming system consisted of a 6670 and a 5800K in dual graphics, in some games it was great. Amazing performance for the money.

In other games it was sooooooooooooo slow, the DDR5 on my card slowed to DDR3 levels and it was faster without dual graphics and just using the 6670.

In my opinion something like the i3 would be a better call as long as you intend to upgrade to a better graphics card within the next 12 months.

Well my first 'real' gaming system consisted of a 6670 and a 5800K in dual graphics, in some games it was great. Amazing performance for the money.

In other games it was sooooooooooooo slow, the DDR5 on my card slowed to DDR3 levels and it was faster without dual graphics and just using the 6670.

In my opinion something like the i3 would be a better call as long as you intend to upgrade to a better graphics card within the next 12 months.

Yeah i heard about the DDR3 thing? It's strange.... But an i3 would be better , i agree. I will probably buy myself a GTX 760 soon enough  

Yeah i heard about the DDR3 thing? It's strange.... But an i3 would be better , i agree. I will probably buy myself a GTX 760 soon enough  

I'd get the R9 270 or 280 over the 270, they both offer better performance per relative currency generally. But yea that's a good plan.

It slows down because in crossfire setups the ASIC (GPU basically) can only operate at the speed of the slowest chip.

I'd get the R9 270 or 280 over the 270, they both offer better performance per relative currency generally. But yea that's a good plan.

It slows down because in crossfire setups the ASIC (GPU basically) can only operate at the speed of the slowest chip.

Wow.... I think AMD need to think about there APUs again ;-; 

I'm going with a nivida GPU due to the fact I've had bad experiences with drivers on this 6670 , and i do prefer the nivida software 

Wow.... I think AMD need to think about there APUs again ;-; 

It's a hardware limit rather than an APU problem itself, nvidia cards in SLI only scale to the speed of the slowest (clocked) card too (otherwise one will finish the workload faster, and then that will result in artificial lag).

It's a hardware limit rather than an APU problem itself, nvidia cards in SLI only scale to the speed of the slowest (clocked) card too (otherwise one will finish the workload faster, and then that will result in artificial lag).

I understand now