Why Am I running unexpectedly hot?

jaytrinitron1

So I just built my first water cooling build, but it's running hotter than I thought it would... my main GPU, an EVGA hydro copper gtx 770, idles at around 50C, and my CPU, a delidded i7 4770k with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra, idles at 40C on air. I have seen 4770k delid temps as low as 30C from other people on air, so is my i7 unnaturally hot? If so, why? And is the same true for the gpu?
I believe both temps should be at least 10 degrees lower. Is this because there are still bubbles in my loop? There are some small bubbles next to one big bubble in the reservoir that I can see and microbubbles in the tubes, and I'd wager some bubbles in the rads... could these bubbles be the source of a 10 degree difference?
Also, all of these are stock clocks. I was hoping to OC the delidded 4770k to 5 ghz. Is this possible with my temps?
Furthermore, should I oc the gpu(s) at all? 
Also, my computer just shut down while running heaven valley on my two gtx 770s in sli (second is air-cooled, main is water cooled, both are evga classified editions.) I believe I have the most recent driver! Why is this happening? The air cooled secondary gpu temp is around 40C. Before the shut down I was running on ultra preset with 8x antialiasing and 1080p and getting like 20 fps... I'm starting to think something is wrong with my gpu... and why is my cpu acting so weird too?

4770k to 5GHz?

Damn boy.That would be something.

The temperature difference could be caused even by the ambient temperature in your room...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Even with a delidded 4770k you need to be lucky to reach 4.6/4,7 ish.

Or you are very unlucky like me because mine only does 4.3. at 1,37v.

What's your room temperature? because that's usually the issue and airflow in the case.

4770k to 5GHz?

Damn boy.That would be something.

The temperature difference could be caused even by the ambient temperature in your room...

Well, is an ambient temp of like 78F (27C) high? It reaches 80F in the afternoon...

Also, I think 5ghz should be possible, given that many have gotten it on a delidded 4770k with coollaboratory liquid ultra on air...

Even with a delidded 4770k you need to be lucky to reach 4.6/4,7 ish.

Or you are very unlucky like me because mine only does 4.3. at 1,37v.

What's your room temperature? because that's usually the issue and airflow in the case

Really? Well... I'll be happy with that I guess... but why in the world is the gpu crashing and why are the temps so high? I barely start heaven (I click start) and immediately screen cuts to black and computer shuts down!

Really? Well... I'll be happy with that I guess... but why in the world is the gpu crashing and why are the temps so high? I barely start heaven (I click start) and immediately screen cuts to black and computer shuts down!

That sounds to a psu problem to me. What psu do you have?

Well, is an ambient temp of like 78F (27C) high? It reaches 80F in the afternoon...

Also, I think 5ghz should be possible, given that many have gotten it on a delidded 4770k with coollaboratory liquid ultra on air...

That probably contributes to the problem. Water-cooling is sensitive to ambient temperatures.

The 4770k is a bit of an inconsistent chip regarding OCing. Your mileage will vary.

Yea make sure your psu puts out enough wattage and amperage on the 12v rail(s) for those 770s.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

Your ambient is pretty high.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Seasonic 1050w!! 

Is there some way I can verify the psu is working properly, like check wattage with software or something?