Android L's new lock screen looks remarkably similar to Apple's...

solosdk

Android L: While everyone is screaming about Apple copying Android, we are just going to sit back, copy and paste!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

uhm, yes, i see resemblance, but it's still pretty different.

Its a bloody lock screen is there a point to argue on it even if it was an exact copy/paste, I'm sure I won't but fanboys will anyways (I'm not saying op is a fan boy, just to be clear)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It has the time and your notifications.

Must be a copy!

My Samsung Solstice was an Apple Clone! It had a slide-to-unlock function and gave me my notifications on the screen in bubble-form, and had the TIME on the screen of all things!

Where is the creativity these days!?

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

It has the time and your notifications.

Must be a copy!

My Samsung Solstice was an Apple Clone! It had a slide-to-unlock function and gave me my notifications on the screen in bubble-form, and had the TIME on the screen of all things!

Where is the creativity these days!?

Yeah, but they sued so....

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Android does whatever it wants, yes it may take things from people but they dont deny it either, they frankly dont care unlike the 5 year olds at apple... Even though Apple never ever steals anything (funny joke i know) anything remotely close they will shit their pants and sue them. But they can freely take things from other platforms because, hey! theyre apple

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

there are only so many different ways to do the exact same thing

this is like complaining that Black & Decker stole GE's dual slot top mounted toaster design, only so many ways we can go about making a toaster.

Error: 410

Wait are they talking about android right now or?

You can see the entire keynote here: 

there are only so many different ways to do the exact same thing

Exactly! They didn't try to invent anything, but simply added a feature for their users.

And something a bit off-topic, I remember LinusTech talking about the overly used name "One" on WAN show some time back. Wonder what he thinks about the Android One...

BE A MEMBER OF THE LINUS TECH TIPS STAR CITIZEN ORGANIZATION | JOIN HERE

Oh god now all the android fanboys will start with their "how awesum iz this look at it such pehfection android iz best lol apple fagts"

Just let these things happen because anybody can copy from anything and can get away with it, Nokia pioneered the double tap to wake the screen and look where that has gone many Android phone manufacturers have taken it and made it more popular by that. Look at the Droid DNA and the Oppo Find 5 these guys pioneered the 1080p smartphones trend (well it was kind of a more evolutionary thing) now you have 1080p smart phones everywhere. Look at the Galaxy Note line the line that pioneered phones bigger than a consumers hand and it's still the king of the Phablet market and other companys are trying to fight it back it's still the reigning king of big phones.  

$$金Trill金$$

That Android lockscreen is quite ugly actually. Not a fan of the white rectangles obscuring the background of the lockscreen. Would have been better off copying Apple's to be honest. 

That said, they look nothing alike.