SLI 780 for Modded Skyrim at 1440p+

Unclescar

Anyone already have this and have a good experience with it?
I'm talking high res textures, SMIM, ENBs etc...

I've got all the hardware but my videocard(s) and new monitors for my new build.

Right now I'm using a 27" 2560x1440 monitor, but will be getting a second 27" 1440p, as well as a 3440x1440 monitor at the same PPI. the 3440x1440 will be my main monitor that I game on, and I can't tell the difference between lower and higher AA, so that isn't much of a concern.

I don't want to get a Titan Black as I prolly won't be able to afford a second one (Since I'll be in school), and by the time I've graduated, there will be much better options anyway.

I'd rather not spend the extra $400-$500 on SLI 780ti's if SLI 780s can handle Heavily modded Skyrim at that resolution.

I just want to hear from someone other than myself that SLI 780s (probably the 6gb varients) can give me heavily modded Skyrim at 3440x1440 at constant 60+fps.

Other specs of my PC:

900D with custom waterloop.
i7 4930K
Asus Rampage Extreme IV Black Edition

32gb DDR3 RAM (will be 64gb eventually)
2x Samsung Evo 500gb in RAID0

Various other HDDs

Edit: Just to note, I'll be sticking with Nvidia for this build. When it comes time to build a new computer/upgrade, I'll revisit.

Get 2 CF 290Xs

I prolly should have specified.

I've used ATI and AMD for years, and then tried NVidia and had a much better overall experience. I'd like to stay with NVidia.

Edit: Maybe in my next build I'll look at this again and consider all options at the time, but for now, I'll stick to "team green"

290Xs are a better option. Two Titan Blacks can run heavily modded Skyrim at 3x1080p at around 40-60FPS depending on where you are. However, it is almost always using over 3GB VRAM, so the extra VRAM on the 290Xs will help. 

The 6gb varients in SLI will be more than enough. I think logan (From Tek Syndicate) runs his skyrim modded with just a single 780ti at some weird resolution

Do all these AMD people not know about the 6gb 780's?

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

I prolly should have specified.

I've used ATI and AMD for years, and then tried NVidia and had a much better overall experience. I'd like to stay with NVidia.

If you're stuck on Nvidia, then 6GB 780s would be good for modded Skyrim. You're going to be using over 3GB often at that res with 4k textures and similar mods. 9

Yes, but they are pretty expensive though.

I'd go xfire 290s, plenty of power and wont be as expensive

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

The 6gb varients in SLI will be more than enough. I think logan (From Tek Syndicate) runs his skyrim modded with just a single 780ti at some weird resolution

He use only one 780 ti? Damn, how did I miss that info, and the resolution he use is 1600p I think, it's 16:10.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

He use only one 780 ti? Damn, how did I miss that info, and the resolution he use is 1600p I think, it's 16:10.

Yea he only uses one but he gets like 34 fps

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

Yes, but they are pretty expensive though.

I'd go xfire 290s, plenty of power and wont be as expensive

the 6gb is only like $50 more than the 3gb. At this point, there is no reason not to get the 6gb if you are getting a 780, especially if going SLI.

If I was going to go AMD I'd get a R9 295x2 with a waterblock, but at $1500 I might as well get three 780s.

Obviously I'm not going for budget build using a 4930K, the most expensive x79 mobo, two 500gb SSDs, and a custom watercooling loop in a 900D.. ;)

the 6gb is only like $50 more than the 3gb. At this point, there is no reason not to get the 6gb if you are getting a 780, especially if going SLI.

If I was going to go AMD I'd get a R9 295x2 with a waterblock, but at $1500 I might as well get three 780s.

Obviously I'm not going for budget build using a 4930K, the most expensive x79 mobo, two 500gb SSDs, and a custom watercooling loop in a 900D.. ;)

Sounds like you're balling in a sea of money. Good for you. :) The 6GB EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX would be my recommendation too. I don't know why so many people that comment on these 'what GPU to get' questions always feel the need to push AMD cards. It's not like a 780/780 ti is instantly obsolete just because it has a smaller bus width and 1GB less of VRAM. Despite all their effort, most people get Nvidia anyway.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Sounds like you're balling in a sea of money.

I wish! If I was than 2 Titan Blacks would be my go to since the 6gb 780ti was cancelled. (or that other guy who got two TitanZs for his 1080p monitor cuz he was unhappy with his 3-way SLI 780 tis..)

I am using the "workstation" (excuse) so that I can go as all out (want the PC to last all the way through 5-6 years of school) as I can without starving myself in the mean time and not feel bad about it, or get crap from the lady on the matter, but I do have school starting soon, and though I have good steady income, I would like my computer built before the semester starts, and two Titan Blacks isn't quite gonna work out in that short of a time. the 780 6gb is basically the regular titan without the floating point precision stuff.

Anyway.. You recommend the ACX cooler even though I'll be watercooling the whole system soon? I figured after removing the non-reference cooler, all reference PCB cards are equal aside from initial cost.

This might not be a budget build, but I'd like to be able to justify the majority of the purchases with more than just wow factor.

Also depends on your mod choice, watch out for the dense grass mods and heavy ENBs such as K, Kinematic and Kountervibe.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

I wish! If I was than 2 Titan Blacks would be my go to since the 6gb 780ti was cancelled. (or that other guy who got two TitanZs for his 1080p monitor cuz he was unhappy with his 3-way SLI 780 tis..)

I am using the "workstation" (excuse) so that I can go as all out (want the PC to last all the way through 5-6 years of school) as I can without starving myself in the mean time and not feel bad about it, or get crap from the lady on the matter, but I do have school starting soon, and though I have good steady income, I would like my computer built before the semester starts, and two Titan Blacks isn't quite gonna work out in that short of a time. the 780 6gb is basically the regular titan without the floating point precision stuff.

Anyway.. You recommend the ACX cooler even though I'll be watercooling the whole system soon? I figured after removing the non-reference cooler, all reference PCB cards are equal aside from initial cost.

This might not be a budget build, but I'd like to be able to justify the majority of the purchases with more than just wow factor.

I see, well two 6GB 780's will do just fine. As others have mentioned Logan from Tech Syndicate is pushing Skyrim with a bunch of mods on a single 780ti so 2-way 6GB 780's will definitely get the job done. I missed the part where you're going to be watercooling :P, in which case reference cards will do just fine. Good luck and feel free to link us some pics/stats of the finished product. :)

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.