British Airways will lull you to sleep with a seven-hour train video

Dietrichw

Long-haul passengers on British Airways will soon be able to pick between Hollywood blockbusters and footage from a seven-hour Norwegian train ride. Bloomberg reports that the airline plans to show the long, scenic passage from Bergen to Oslo, Norway on select flights. In the future, the company may also incorporate knitting, bird feeding, and walks in the park into its repertoire. "There’s a hypnotic, calming and entertaining quality to Slow TV that is perfect for in-flight entertainment," says on-board entertainment manager Richard D’Cruze.

Slow TV is a television genre popularized in Norway, which pivots around minute-to-minute documentation of everyday activities. Originally televised in 2009, the journey along the Bergen Line drew well over a million viewers. Other notable examples of Slow TV include salmon fishing and a cruise voyage that was aired for about five days straight

uhhh what.... 1 million?

I just don't know anymore. Although on my flight from Germany I did watch a documentary on sloths as a bet, it was bad.

Source

Whatever happened to good music?

To be honest I'd rather spend the 7 hours looking out of the window into the air, this whole thing reminds me of that scene in FFVIII where you are de-coupling the train that goes on for AGES. :D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

This is good but I prefer the sound of rain. Or vacuum cleaners. Yes seriously, sound of a vacuum cleaner makes me sleepy.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Does Slow TV also have "paint drying" and "weeds growing"?

Flights from here to Asia crossing the Pacific can use this.  Those fourteen hour flights are brutal!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

This is good but I prefer the sound of rain. Or vacuum cleaners. Yes seriously, sound of a vacuum cleaner makes me sleepy.

Vacuum cleaners not so much, but things like the humming of the AC or Heater running at night are awesome.

The sound of impending danger usually makes me fairly sleepy...

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Rain beating down on glass and metal is the only thing that helps me sleep. That and Kyeong-Eun noona reading is so relaxing.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090