Nexus 9 manufactured by HTC leaked

_ASSASSIN_

well, it looks like the new nexus will be a Nexus 9, and it will be made by HTC, so might confirm that the nexus 6 is made by them as well? Probably not since the tablet and phones from last gen were by different manufacturers, but things can change.

The specs on it, I think, are the most interesting part. Instead of the usual Qualcomm chip they are going to be using Nvidia Tegra K1. Not only that but the resolution is going to be 8.9" 2048x1440 (according to the leak), which is an odd resolution considering it's not actually a standard 16:9/16:10 resolution. It's also packing 2GB of RAM and a 16/32GB option for storage.

Further specs are listed below in the quote.

Because according to this report, the device has an 8.9-inch (2048×1440, 281ppi) display, NVDIA Tegra K1 64-bit processor, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB storage options, WiFi or LTE models, 8MP OIS camera on the back, 3MP camera on the front, front-facing speakers, and an aluminum zero-gap body.

so what are your guy's thoughts? Do you like how they went with nvidia rather than an 801/805 chip?

(note: this is a mockup, not a leaked image)

htc-nexus-volantis.jpg

source: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/23/htc-nexus-9-tablet-may-have-leaked-it-sounds-amazing/

FINALY, someone who uses the K1! to bad its to late already

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

They are gonna get so sued by Apple for this.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

if it's full aluminium,

sweeet

storage seems a little small though, would have liked 32/64

plus maybe 3gb of ram?

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Not saying they won't but I still find it quite fucked up that people assume a lawsuit for the black and white color schemes as well as black rectangles would not be immediately thrown out by a competent judge.

-------

Current Rig

-------

this is just a mock up, as stated in the article

Well, the image above is nothing more than a mock-up based off of a render that may or may not be the actual device, since the description doesn’t match-up to the device pictured.

However it won't be as long as the standard nexus tablet being that this is 2048x1440 and not 2560x1440.

if it's full aluminium,

sweeet

storage seems a little small though, would have liked 32/64

plus maybe 3gb of ram?

Android can manage memory well enough on it's own. It should be plenty.

Android can manage memory well enough on it's own. It should be plenty.

i'd agree on that seeing as how my nexus 5 barely goes above 1gb.

i was shocked when i booted up my phone for the first time and saw 500mb of ram usage  :lol:

although, on a tablet would've been better but it's not deal breaking in anyway. just more space for cached apps

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I would like to see an HTC manufactured Google tablet.

I would LOVE to see an htc manufactured Nexus! :D htc is by far my favourite brand for mobile phones and this would be the cherry on the cake! :D

"the device has an 8.9-inch (2048x1440, 281ppi) display"

That annoys me more than it should.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I would LOVE to see an htc manufactured Nexus! :D htc is by far my favourite brand for mobile phones and this would be the cherry on the cake! :D

lol HTC only got good in the public eye with the HTC One, and got in a bit with the HTC One X.

"the device has an 8.9-inch (2048x1440, 281ppi) display"

That annoys me more than it should.

considering most devices are barely ever an exact number without a decimal for their screen size, yeah you're kind of weird.

I'm sooo getting one of these if they are similar to the mockup. Looks perfect!

(but in black, please?)

Cheers,

Linus

I guess it will have a fine price. IMO they made cuts at the right spot. A review will tell.... :P

who cares...

FINALY, someone who uses the K1! to bad its to late already

too not to.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

too not to.

what is it with the grammar nazi's, this is the third time i get corrected for some stupid mistake.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

considering most devices are barely ever an exact number without a decimal for their screen size, yeah you're kind of weird.

Well the normal sizes for tablets are either 7", 9.7" or 10.1" so he's not being weird, it's a strange size.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Haven't had a tablet yet but this one might just get me very interested in one :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

lol HTC only got good in the public eye with the HTC One, and got in a bit with the HTC One X.

I just feel they're waaay better for the money than a Samsung or Apple which are just too hyped up for what they actually are. And also, not true. The "evo" series was also a very good series of mobile phones (I think it was the predecessor to the "one" series) and did superbly well considering the features offered and the price point. (I got a evo 3d for around 100$ on sale but idc it's a good phone!)

I just feel they're waaay better for the money than a Samsung or Apple which are just too hyped up for what they actually are. And also, not true. The "evo" series was also a very good series of mobile phones (I think it was the predecessor to the "one" series) and did superbly well considering the features offered and the price point. (I got a evo 3d for around 100$ on sale but idc it's a good phone!)

that is very true. Samsung don't offer much at all I still wonder why people purchase their phones. The only redeeming quality is specs. Outside of that they have horrible build qualtiy, bad speaker placement (on the back? REALLY?) bad software. It's just not a very palatable device.

i'd agree on that seeing as how my nexus 5 barely goes above 1gb.

i was shocked when i booted up my phone for the first time and saw 500mb of ram usage  :lol:

although, on a tablet would've been better but it's not deal breaking in anyway. just more space for cached apps

I have around 500MB RAM usage as well, frankly I have a phone with 512MB of RAM  :lol:

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I'm probably getting a Surface Pro instead of an Android tablet but if I change my mind... Delicious. :)  Just a few more days before confirmation!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

what is it with the grammar nazi's, this is the third time i get corrected for some stupid mistake.

PCGrammerMasterRace actually.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard