DDR4 RAM Price and started to sell in Japan

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

Here you can see a bit of a box which will come on the market and it is including the glorious DDR4 Ram:D

Info:

Intel’s X99 chipset along with the Haswell-E refresh won’t be arriving until September, but you can already buy DDR4 sticks from one vendor in Japan.

dd41.jpg

The DRAM standard is finally getting a long overdue refresh, and the first motherboards and processors that support the protocol will be appearing in the fall. As VR-Zone has previously reported, Intel will be first with a platform that supports DDR4 with its X99 chipset.

For those who really want to get their hands on a (currently unusable) DDR4 stick, a computer store in Japan has already began selling the modules in 16 and 32 GB variants for approximately $350 and $685 respectively. Yes, there’s a sticker shock but that’s the fee for early adopters.

dd43.jpg

dd44.jpg

dd47.jpg

The modules are made by SanMax, with SKHynix supplying the memory chips.

DDR4 supports a much faster transfer rate of 2133–4266 MT/s compared to its predecessor’s speed of 800 to 2133 MT/s. DDR4 will also include more pins — 288 compared to DDR3’s 240 — and will have a power draw of 1.2V.

Intel’s IDF conference in the fall will likely be heavily focused on X99 and DDR4, so expect more information about the new memory standard then.

Source: http://vr-zone.com/articles/ddr4-ram-spotted-sale-japan/79656.html

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

really nice except my computer is going to cost 2 times the price of that ram :(

CL15 tough 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

really nice except my computer is going to cost 2 times the price of that ram :(

I will buy you some as a souvenir.   ;)  :P

I should be studying.

$350 for a 16GB kit?! Are they serious?!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Where do you see the price? I was looking for it but cannot find it+?

Edit: I found it, Nvm. But this is cheap dude::DDD

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

In general computer parts cost more in Japan. I would -$50 for an accurate price of what it would be in America.

I should be studying.

In general computer parts cost more in Japan. I would -$50 for an accurate price of what it would be in America.

And in EU it will cost like 200 USD more... Logic!

Still double the price since you can find a 16gb DDR3 kit with as less as ~$140.

Did not expect that much difference in price between DDR3 and DDR4.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Still double the price since you can find a 16gb DDR3 kit with as less as ~$140.

What do you expect, its brand new and it is going to suck compared to top DDR3 units in the beginning. It happened with DDR2 to DDR3 and it will happen again.

I should be studying.

It looks fake. Really fake.

You see that small area where the gold contact pads are missing? And the way it looks like the fingers have a curve to it in some photos?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

You see that small area where the gold contact pads are missing? And the way it looks like the fingers have a curve to it in some photos?

You wot m8?

I thought the price difference will be more on a 16 gig kit. I am looking for a 16 GB kit and the price is solid for me:D

Uhh..

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Basically, who cares for 2-3 years at least :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

350$ for placebo effect , people are 'so smart' nowadays...

Seriosly i dont get this im tech enthusiast like most of you,but those who have money why the hell do they upgrade,isnt it basic logic if a component gives 0 performance benefit to not upgrade?

Even if i throw some 800-1066 mhz DDR2 ram its hardly any bottleneck for anything,its just the platforms doesnt support it anymore,DDR3 1600-1866 should last a long time,tech advances are good but if they bring nothing new to the table whats the point.