What power supply Wattage to go with

razleONER

Hey everyone,

Just wanting to get your guys opinion on what power supply wattage i should go with,

I will be running

i7 4790

Asus Rampage VII HERO

8gb G.Skills ram

Corsair H100i cpu cooler

120gb samsung evo 840 SSD

2tb WD hdd

and currently no Graphics card

Just really wanting to know if it will be okay going with a Corsair RM450 for now ????

and yes i will eventually be getting a graphics card but later on which will be a gtx 780ti and dont mind upgrading PSU later on

I am in New Zealand and do want a fully modular PSU

get a rm550w so you don't have to upgrade psu when you get the 780ti also please for the love of god do not get a non ocing cpu and ocing motherboard get a 4790k

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

550watt will be enough, 450 will be really pushing it, it's enough but i would personally go for 550

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

550W and an H97 board

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I reference http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp. 550w and up is the sweet spot.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/advance.jsp
CM power supply cooler advance, let you get the idea of how much power you need. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

get a rm550w so you don't have to upgrade psu when you get the 780ti also please for the love of god do not get a non ocing cpu and ocing motherboard get a 4790k

550watt will be enough, 450 will be really pushing it, it's enough but i would personally go for 550

okay so think ill go with a RM650 cause i found one that was cheaper than the 550, also yes i know go 4790k BUT i was unable to find anywhere in NZ that had one in stock they were all sold out or hadnt had any at all or i would have went and got one, also didnt wanna get one from overseas cause thats more of a headache than anything and cause the original plan was to go 4770k but decided to just go with the 4790 yeah cannot OC but for now its okay. 

okay so think ill go with a RM650 cause i found one that was cheaper than the 550, also yes i know go 4790k BUT i was unable to find anywhere in NZ that had one in stock they were all sold out or hadnt had any at all or i would have went and got one, also didnt wanna get one from overseas cause thats more of a headache than anything and cause the original plan was to go 4770k but decided to just go with the 4790 yeah cannot OC but for now its okay. 

in the long term your going to regret it trust me wait a few more weeks for it come in stock 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

in the long term your going to regret it trust me wait a few more weeks for it come in stock 

i regret it now as i type BUT i needed something now and i can upgrade but most/all companies and shops i talked to said they only received X amount of them and they were all pre sold and that most had no idea when they would get new stock or some were not getting anymore till December but if i can find one in NZ in the next few months i have no problem upgrading and passing the non OC to my brother in law, in saying that i would say im a real noob when it comes to this tbh its my first build and im happy with what i went with, is the difference between the two that significant? and why?. also gives me time from now to then to do more research on OCing that certain cpu for when i upgrade cause as i said im a noob and when it comes to OCing i know next to nothing about it really apart from you get more performance from a OC cpu

i regret it now as i type BUT i needed something now and i can upgrade but most/all companies and shops i talked to said they only received X amount of them and they were all pre sold and that most had no idea when they would get new stock or some were not getting anymore till December but if i can find one in NZ in the next few months i have no problem upgrading and passing the non OC to my brother in law, in saying that i would say im a real noob when it comes to this tbh its my first build and im happy with what i went with, is the difference between the two that significant? and why?. also gives me time from now to then to do more research on OCing that certain cpu for when i upgrade cause as i said im a noob and when it comes to OCing i know next to nothing about it really apart from you get more performance from a OC cpu

Ocing doesn't effect that much other then a few frames in games but people will argue otherwise 

Specs

Ocing doesn't effect that much other then a few frames in games but people will argue otherwise 

OKay well i will eventually upgrade to the 4790K but for now im fine losing a few frames plus my main game i do play is League of legends so im guessing i could do decent enough for now and better than my shitty laptop ive been using even with the built in graphics maybe as well if not il just get something little like a 750ti or something