[Poll] What's your opinion on e-Sports

Buckley

I agree on lol, but why shouldn't sc be an esport?

Because strategies are long since set in stone, now SC competitive play is just executing a preset flow of commands robotically as fast as you can. No strategy or surprises anymore.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Because strategies are long since set in stone, now SC competitive play is just executing a preset flow of commands robotically as fast as you can. No strategy or surprises anymore.

Those are build orders, what players do in the long term is totally up to them. Unit control also plays a huge role in competitive matches, players with very good micro can come back from a situation that would have been an instant loss for a lesser player. Also build orders are theoretically fixed, but a good player will react to what his opponent is doing and change his strategy. You also need to deal with your opponent's attempts to "mess" with your build, if he comes in and kills half your workers you need to make a decision and try to repeat the same damage or downright kill your opponent or you just loose. And don't forget that for each new patch the "metagame" shifts and it's the pro players who have to come up with the new optimal strategy, not someone else for them. A game can be an eSport based on its high difficulty and the fact that luck influences it as little as possible. Sc fits the description.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Can you name one sport/game that has variable tactics which change so often that you don't get bored? Every sport, even track & field, uses strategies. Same that have been used for long time. What makes them interesting is to watch which strategy each team, player or athlete chooses this time and how it compares to what others do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Chess and golf are sports. Golf burns close to no calories unless you carry your bag and don't drive in a golf cart, so it comes all down to precision of your arms, and lots of games need precies hands/wrists/arms just as much if not more than golf.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb聽- 256GB SSD聽- Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

It may not exactly fit the physical exertion point but its very competitive, takes a lot of skill and is the exact opposite of a joke. Its huge right now and is still growing. Players are already making a living off of it. It will eventually be called a sport just like skateboarding. Xgames is the first step to it.

Nascar doesn't require a lot of physical exertion and is called a sport.

It gets really competitive though.

I used to play Chess when I was in 2nd grade. Even won a medal once, so I won't judge.

Nowadays I can't even take Soccer seriously. I'd rather watch someone on a mountainbike bomb down some hills and jump a few gaps, but to each his own.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

My favorite sport :

LOL

I laugh every time I hear e-sports.

Just as I laugh when poker is mentioned as a sport, or even chess

Agreed. I like the idea of esports but lets be honest. Your not fucking doing sport when playing chess or cs:go

My Rig:聽AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 |聽RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2聽| Fractal Design Integra M 650W |聽InWin 103 |聽Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO聽| Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor -聽Dell S3422DWG