Korean Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A spotted

Nineshadow

gsmarena_001.jpg

Src : http://www.sammobile.com/2014/06/21/korea-bound-galaxy-s5-lte-a-spotted-with-new-back-panel-benchmarks-in-tow/

Last week Samsung announced an LTE-A-enabled edition of its Galaxy S5 flagship that's also set to come with a WQHD(1440p) display and Snapdragon 805 chipset exclusively for its home market of Korea. Now, as if Korean residents weren't lucky enough, there's also word that Special Edition of the Galaxy S5 LTE-A will be making its way to customers of South Korea's primary carrier KT with a redesigned back panel.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The new diamond-like texture will be making an appearance with KT's olleh branding, as part of another new back panel being tried out by the Korean company. Otherwise, the internals of the Special Edition of the LTE-A S5 will be the same as on the regular LTE-A version.

Otherwise, new alleged benchmarks of the Galaxy S5 LTE-A have also surfaced. Codenamed the SM-G906S, the AnTuTu 4 benchmark figures don't exactly show the mind-boggling numbers one would expect from a Snapdragon 805 chipset.

Either processor performance truly does get affected by the presence of a QHD screen (like we saw on the LG G3), or the numbers reflect an unfinalized build of the Galaxy S5.

In any event, we'll take the leaked figures with a grain of salt and hope for better performance in the finalized product - a product that we also hope will be released outside of Korea at some point. Or perhaps, Samsung has something even bigger in mind?

Benchmarks : gsmarena_003.jpggsmarena_004.jpggsmarena_005.jpggsmarena_006.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH QUOTING?WHY CAN'T I QUOTE MORE THAN 1 LINE AND WHY DOES HALF AN ARTICLE DISSAPEAR WHEN I QUOTE?what the hell...I guess I'll just initialize a quote and write in the text afterwards.

Anyway, this phone is still ugly.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'd rather have HTC's build quality than amazing specs.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

LTE-A though mmmmmmm.   Telstra achieved 450Mbit/s on it.  Which is great news for people just outside of decent DSL coverage.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh wow, the Koreans are getting a very nice and very hefty version the S5. Kinda jealous, because they're getting it with the Snapdragon 805 and LTE-A.

As a side note, PLEASE ALWAYS link your source.

COMIC SANS

Oh wow, the Koreans are getting a very nice and very hefty version the S5. Kinda jealous, because they're getting it with the Snapdragon 805 and LTE-A.

As a side note, PLEASE ALWAYS link your source.

I did.I don't know what's wrong with the quoting system...it took me half an hour to get that quote right.Before I finally managed to get it working it would only bring a line in the quote and delete everything else.

Anyway,it's fixed now.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I did.I don't know what's wrong with the quoting system...it took me half an hour to get that quote right.Before I finally managed to get it working it would only bring a line in the quote and delete everything else.

Anyway,it's fixed now.

Okay ya, I see it now. As a tip, put the source at the very top of the post or at the very bottom of the post. It gets seen the most in those places.

COMIC SANS

This is what the Galaxy S 5 should have been if you ask me.

2560x1440 screen.

LTE-A up to 300Mbps on a 20nm modem

Carrier aggregation now on a single chip.

Snapdragon 805 in all its glory (minor revision to the CPU, huge performance increase for the GPU, hardware accelerated HEVC decoding)

3GB of RAM.

I was so disappointed with the LG G3 not using the Snapdragon 805 when it was announced, especially since the 2560x1440 display would benefit greatly from the new GPU.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Snapdragon 805 version of the Galaxy S 5 being released in the rest of the world fairly soon.