Black Noctuas Out of Stock, Good Fan Substitute?

Go to solution Solved by ForsakenLive,

Scythe gentle typhoons are great, they come in a variety of RPMs.

Noisblocker NB fans are also outstanding.

Long story short, recycling an old quad-radiator and an old Lian Li case to build this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/patrickjp93/saved/gGFXsY

Since the industrial black Noctua fans are out of stock everywhere in North America (if not please post link I've tried Newegg, Amazon, NCIX, Microcenter, Tiger Direct, Best Buy, FrozenCPU) I found the most equivalent static-pressure fans to be the swiftech Helix, which is not very optimizable for being quiet. Is there a better option at present time?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Scythe gentle typhoons are great, they come in a variety of RPMs.

Noisblocker NB fans are also outstanding.

noiseblocker

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The regular Noctua fans?

Forgive my being snoody, but wasn't it obvious from the post context the normal craptastic brown/tan was not liked?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Long story short, recycling an old quad-radiator and an old Lian Li case to build this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/patrickjp93/saved/gGFXsY

Since the industrial black Noctua fans are out of stock everywhere in North America (if not please post link I've tried Newegg, Amazon, NCIX, Microcenter, Tiger Direct, Best Buy, FrozenCPU) I found the most equivalent static-pressure fans to be the swiftech Helix, which is not very optimizable for being quiet. Is there a better option at present time?

Noiseblocker Eloops or normal Noctua NF-F12's. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Forgive my being snoody, but wasn't it obvious from the post context the normal craptastic brown/tan was not liked?

Will you even see the fans from the outside of the case? If not then they are fine. Noctua also recently released these: 

I should be studying.

Since it seems Noiseblocker has been suggested by a couple, for a quad radiator, which among these has the best performance? They're all quieter than the Helix so that's not an issue in this context. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c365/s936/list/p1/b160/Noiseblocker-12_Volt_Fans_-_PWM-120mm_x_25mm_PWM_Fans-Page1.html

Will you even see the fans from the outside of the case? If not then they are fine. Noctua also recently released these: 

Yeah, these are the radiator fans, so tan on black is going to be more than ugly.

Yeah, these are the radiator fans, so tan on black is going to be more than ugly.

Point taken. Lots of people seem to have good experiences with the Noiseblockers.

I should be studying.

May want to look at the NB PK and PL Series. 

Since it seems Noiseblocker has been suggested by a couple, for a quad radiator, which among these has the best performance? They're all quieter than the Helix so that's not an issue in this context. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c365/s936/list/p1/b160/Noiseblocker-12_Volt_Fans_-_PWM-120mm_x_25mm_PWM_Fans-Page1.html

Just watch you can't put the E-loops in pull, the design means that the fan blades may contact the radiator.

May want to look at the NB PK and PL Series. 

120 mm radiator. Also, is this accurate on static pressure? I've never seen 1000. Was that supposed to be 1.26?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10212/fan-656/Noiseblocker_NB-BlackSilentPro_PL-2_120mm_x_25mm_Ultra_Quiet_Fan_-_1400_RPM_-_20_dBA.html

EDIT: the static pressure is half the other choices, which I know seems to be important for radiators, so I'll stick with the slightly noisier but better performing fans. They're still much better on noise than the Helix.

Just watch you can't put the E-loops in pull, the design means that the fan blades may contact the radiator.

The mesh is some distance away from the mounting points on the old beast so I don't think it's an issue, but will double check.

Umm black noctua's haven't come in stock yet from my understanding.

Since it seems Noiseblocker has been suggested by a couple, for a quad radiator, which among these has the best performance? They're all quieter than the Helix so that's not an issue in this context. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g/c365/s936/list/p1/b160/Noiseblocker-12_Volt_Fans_-_PWM-120mm_x_25mm_PWM_Fans-Page1.html

Get PWM eloops they are white.

Tan on black is sexy. Youll see what i mean if you check out my Anthrax build log.

Use a gasket and space then away a bit?