Best value for my needs

I am trying to figure out whether its worth paying double the price for a double fan radiator. I was going to get the H60 since its on sale for $59.99 as opposed to the H100i which is 119.99.

Id like the idea of running the fans on low speed to be super quiet over the double radiator, but if the single will do the job just fine I would rather spend that $60 elsewhere.

I will be running an intel 4690k with little to no overlock. Play lots of mid level games on my pc for extended periods of time.

If you're not overclocking the H60 is fine, it can even take a little more clock.

To be perfectly honest if you're not overlocking at all you could just use the stock cooler until such times as you are going to, or if you want to have better cooling and it be very cheap get an air cooler like the 212 EVO.

I am trying to figure out whether its worth paying double the price for a double fan radiator. I was going to get the H60 since its on sale for $59.99 as opposed to the H100i which is 119.99.

Id like the idea of running the fans on low speed to be super quiet over the double radiator, but if the single will do the job just fine I would rather spend that $60 elsewhere.

I will be running an intel 4690k with little to no overlock. Play lots of mid level games on my pc for extended periods of time.

AiO liquid coolers, and aftermarket coolers in general, are for overclockers. If you are going to be going for stock speeds, or tiny OCs, a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, will do the job quietly.

Lower end AiO Water Coolers, are not good performing, if you compare them to good Air Coolers on the same price range.

If you're running a 4690k, you could probably run stock cooling and get a little OC out of it. I'm going to be trying it on my next build before I add an aftermarket CPU cooler. If you aren't going be doing that much overclocking, water cooling isn't necessary.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

for quiet cooling and no overclock, a air cooler is more silent, and looks better imo :P and a good air cooling tower will handle oc'ing great aswell

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

@CaptainRagu

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

push/pull on the H60 is futile. no real thermal performance value in the route.

you'd be better served using a better air cooling solution or the stock fanned H100i (if

you have case to fit). more cooling needs more surface area or faster (more air) fans.

if you are looking for a quiet solution the H100i can be that solution. the fans can run

pretty slow and offer the better temps with some quietness.

If you want it to be super quiet, get an air cooler.

They are cheaper, quieter and perform the same at all price brackets. A 212 evo will perform like a h60, at half the volume.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

That's something ive been curious about, because many people have said that the air coolers are quieter even though they use very similar if not the same fans, which rated with the same decibel level.

Does the pump make noticeable noise?

That's something ive been curious about, because many people have said that the air coolers are quieter even though they use very similar if not the same fans, which rated with the same decibel level.

Does the pump make noticeable noise?

Don't bother looking at decibel levels, they are inaccurate and stupid imo. and yes all AIO's use pretty much the same pump which does make a very noticeable sound. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

... and yes all AIO's use pretty much the same pump which does make a very noticeable sound. 

this is false. as having owned over ten AIO and others, they ALL do not use the

pretty much same pump and ALL do not make a noticeable sound. there have

been batches of AIO that have no sound, little sound and grinding sounds. different

manufacturers have issues with pumps and noise, but saying ALL is a wide cover.

i have had some with pump noise and were covered under a RMA and some that

just were having issues.

i have/had AIO with no pump issues or sounds. other members have said the same

as others have noisy pumps. there is no guarantee on what one can expect.

this is false. as having owned over ten AIO and others, they ALL do not use the

pretty much same pump and ALL do not make a noticeable sound. there have

been batches of AIO that have no sound, little sound and grinding sounds. different

manufacturers have issues with pumps and noise, but saying ALL is a wide cover.

i have had some with pump noise and were covered under a RMA and some that

just were having issues.

i have/had AIO with no pump issues or sounds. other members have said the same

as others have noisy pumps. there is no guarantee on what one can expect.

alright but I'm sure you can agree that if silence is what you want, you get an air cooler or build a custom loop with lots of rad space.