2nd Monitor Resolution Issues

OutlawedConsole

I have 2 monitors- one is a 27" 1440p monitor, the other problematic monitor is 23" Dell S2340m- this monitor needs to be set to 1080p I have gone into the settings and it claims it is 1080p but it's quite obvious it isn't the resolution is much lower and no matter what I change I can't seem to fix it. For the S2340m I am using the Vga cable into a vga to hdmi adapter and then I used the hdmi cable to plug it into my pc. So VGA->HDMI->PC. The orientation of both are landscape and the displays are extended. 

Thank you very much for your help

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Could you try a DVI connection to the Dell S2340m? It could be a problem with the adapter, it is converting a digital signal to an analogue one, which could be the root of the issue.

Are you using windows or gpu driver to manage resolutions? Windows one is bit shaky when resolutions differ really much (had this with both laptop and desktop). Also check that both screens are running on same refresh rate.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv