What do you look for in a reviewer?

someone who is thorough and unbiased towards manufacturers. also someone who isnt afraid to criticize a company. one who relates well to the viewers in a way that would make us understand how the product will function for its specified use as well as how it fairs for what it is NOT meant to do.. an example would be linus when he reviewed the corsair power supplies, he told us what it did well (which was to power a computer) and then told us what it also does well but is not for the intended use of the product by throwing it off of his roof :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Perspective more than anything. Experience using the device. Don't bother with specs unless you have the gear like AnandTech and equivalent website.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Someone who is willing to downgrade a sponsored product , & to have a backup written review for the product extensively , basically all i can think of is the reviews done by tiny tim's review, he does extensive reviews in depth has an okay website with tons of testing results & pictures other than the lengthy videos , thing that bothers is like everyone else's is that most of the products are sponsored, only a few comes out of their own shelf for reviews , one of the reasons i love linus's tech under100 review ,

That's my view, & hope you liked my review( :lol: :P )

Details separate people.

A lot really, but here is a few important points when it comes to video reviews.

1) Personality. If you are a talking loaf of bread then quit making video reviews and start writing instead.

2) Entertainment. If you are completely uninteresting then I simply won't bother listening to you.

3) Looks. If you look like a half eaten plate of minced meat then that is definitely a con.

4) Knowledge. If you don't know what you are talking about then stop talking.

5) Willingness to digress. If you digress from the subject saying something interesting or funny then that is fantastic! I don't mind watching longer videos if they are better.

When it comes to written reviews I would say that the grammar is probably my biggest concern. I simply won't read reviews if the people writing them don't know where "Shift"/"Caps Lock" is on the keyboard or if their grammar is just plain shit. Takes way too much time to read for what it is.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300