Gigabyte Z77X-D3H vs Asus Maximus V GENE

Xploda

Hello everyone,

I'm going to upgrade my PC next week but I'm not quite sure which motherboard I should choose.

I was checking out the website of my local computer store and I suddenly noticed that there was a price drop for the Maximus V GENE.

The Gigabyte board is now around €120, the Maximus now costs €160.

Now I'm wondering, will one of these boards be able to overclock better (3570K)?

Is the Maximus worth the extra €40?

Also, I'd like to hear your recommendations too, if you know a better alternative.

Tell me, why do you want a high-end board?

There will be no overclocking difference. Get the cheapest Z77 board with the features you need that looks good to you.

Let's start with your needs. Do you need dual- or tri-SLI or Xfire?

Do you need more than four USB 3.0 slots?

Does it have to fit a colour scheme?

In short, the only reason to get a high-end board is because it has a feature you want. Whether it's a software OC'ing feature, extra PCIe slots, extra USB 3.0 capability, etc.

In short' date=' the only reason to get a high-end board is because it has a feature you want. Whether it's a software OC'ing feature, extra PCIe slots, extra USB 3.0 capability, etc.[/quote']

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

Well, both of them perfectly suit my needs in terms of features. The Gigabyte board is about as cheap as I want to go for a motherboard.

My biggest concern is the difference in VRMs. As far as I know, the Asus board has more of those. Does this have any advantage for overclocking or will I see absolutely no difference between these two boards?