Is it possible for the mSata port on Z77 chipset to transfer at 6Gb/s?

Hello guys, I own a Gigabyte Z77P-D3 rev. 1.1 motherboard and I wanted to get a SSD for my OS. So in order for me to be able to keep the 2 sata III ports for my raid configurated HDDs I bought an mSata SSD, asuming the mSata supports 6Gb/s(gigabyte really need to learn to put info like this on more accessible places..) and surprise... My SSD performs like my Raid configured HDDs, which makes me kinda unhappy. So except for an adapter mSata to Sata is there a way I can "tweak" my mSata or is it hardware limited to 3Gb/s?

MSI MAG Tomahawk Z790 Wifi, Intel Core™ i7-13700K, 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 7200Mt/s, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX3070Samsung 980 PRO 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO plus 2TB , Seasonic SSR 1000FX GOLD, case Corsair 5000D, Corsair H150i Elite, monitor Alienware AW2723DF

Hello guys, I own a Gigabyte Z77P-D3 rev. 1.1 motherboard and I wanted to get a SSD for my OS. So in order for me to be able to keep the 2 sata III ports for my raid configurated HDDs I bought an mSata SSD, asuming the mSata supports 6Gb/s(gigabyte really need to learn to put info like this on more accessible places..) and surprise... My SSD performs like my Raid configured HDDs, which makes me kinda unhappy. So except for an adapter mSata to Sata is there a way I can "tweak" my mSata or is it hardware limited to 3Gb/s?

Well unfortunately I can't help ya but I can tag some members who might be able to.

@ixi_your_face | @looney | @Windspeed36 | @WoodenMarker

I hope that helps.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thanks for the quick response :)

MSI MAG Tomahawk Z790 Wifi, Intel Core™ i7-13700K, 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 7200Mt/s, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX3070Samsung 980 PRO 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO plus 2TB , Seasonic SSR 1000FX GOLD, case Corsair 5000D, Corsair H150i Elite, monitor Alienware AW2723DF

Hardware limited - it'll use the SATA lanes from slot 5 or 6 on the board.

Okay, bye bye Raid :D

edit: The question might be stupid, but... Will a cheap adapter from ebay decrease the ssd's performance?

edit: The question might be stupid, but... Will a cheap adapter from ebay decrease the ssd's performance?

mSATA to SATA? I think that you should just stick to mSATA bro, it is the same as SATA (uses the Z77 SATA lanes) but just a different pinout and form factor.

I bought the A-data SX300 128gb and the 3Gb/s of the mSata slot are holding it back, that's why I wanna get an adapter so I can use one of my sata 3 ports, since the mSata is limited to 3Gb/s.

No, I've got that my self, but be sure to get one thats capable of sata3 tho.

mSATA to SATA? I think that you should just stick to mSATA bro, it is the same as SATA (uses the Z77 SATA lanes) but just a different pinout and form factor.

I think he wants to use one of his sata3 ports. So sata to mSata

No, I've got that my self, but be sure to get one thats capable of sata3 tho.

I think he wants to use one of his sata3 ports. So sata to mSata

Is that going to work out for me, because my budget is kinda depleted and this is affordable?

Is that going to work out for me, because my budget is kinda depleted and this is affordable?

That looks like a toy. Not sure how well it'll work. :unsure:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If the OP has an mSATA SSD use the mSATA slot. It's a lot easier.

The OP?

If the OP has an mSATA SSD use the mSATA slot. It's a lot easier.

If OP uses his sata3 mSata ssd in the sata2 mSata port it'll only run at sata2 speeds, which would be sad. Imo.

The OP?

Original poster.

I'd buy this instead, can't see if the one you linked will run at sata3 speed, but this one will.

If OP uses his sata3 mSata ssd in the sata2 mSata port it'll only run at sata2 speeds, which would be sad. Imo.

Original poster.

I'd buy this instead, can't see if the one you linked will run at sata3 speed, but this one will.

Yep I was checking this one out, but the adapter costs $14 and the shipment costs $37 :D I will check the one I linked, if the ssd is not performing up to speed I will buy an adapter in Bulgaria when I get my hands on some cash(apperantly CPUs, Graphics cards and other essential components are way cheaper here, but when you need something like this adapter they say "hey, lets make it up for selling him a cheap CPU by ripping him off for that little piece of junk" :D )

Yep I was checking this one out, but the adapter costs $14 and the shipment costs $37 :D I will check the one I linked, if the ssd is not performing up to speed I will buy an adapter in Bulgaria when I get my hands on some cash(apperantly CPUs, Graphics cards and other essential components are way cheaper here, but when you need something like this adapter they say "hey, lets make it up for selling him a cheap CPU by ripping him off for that little piece of junk" :D )

Sorry, didn't see where you were located. @Traytor But there also this one. 20$ tho, but free shipping.