Is the i5 3570k good at stock speeds?

I have the HYPER 212 EVO cooler and an i5. I am afraid to overclock for if I crash my PC I won't have warranty. Is the i5 at stock speeds good enough to work with a GTX 780?

I have the HYPER 212 EVO cooler and an i5. I am afraid to overclock for if I crash my PC I won't have warranty. Is the i5 at stock speeds good enough to work with a GTX 780?

Definitely.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Yes, I only overclock when i'm Benchmarking, otherwise it is more than enough at stock speeds.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

Yes. But don't be afraid. You can get to 4.0ghz easily on a hyper 212 evo. Just make sure your temps stay under 65c, 70-ish max, and keep going and checking for stability.

If you seriously don't want to, you're still fine.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Yes the i5 at stock is more than enough. Also you wont void your warranty from crashing your pc, i dont know who you heard that from lol. I use a hyper 212 on my 3570k and i run it at 4.4ghz@1.190.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

you should have no issues at stock clocks. you should also have no issues at mild overclocks but if you are uncomfortable overclocking, you don't need to worry about it, your I5 will not be holding your 780 back any under most circumstances.

Okay I will wait until I build the PC, but if I get bad frames I will try to overclock. Any guides you can recommend? I've never done it before.

Okay I will wait until I build the PC, but if I get bad frames I will try to overclock. Any guides you can recommend? I've never done it before.

This might be a bit in depth, but it's a very useful guide which should take you through everything you need to know (and yes, don't use my OC as an example - I got a pretty bad chip in the silicon lottery...): http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

At stock it is enough but if you want some extra performance you can overclock it a bit. I am gaming at 1440p and i gained 15fps in bf4 going from stock to 4.6ghz(also Oced my GPU a bit).

This might be a bit in depth, but it's a very useful guide which should take you through everything you need to know (and yes, don't use my OC as an example - I got a pretty bad chip in the silicon lottery...): http://www.overclock.net/t/1247413/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-with-ln2-guide-at-the-end

Thanks man it helps a lot! :D