How do i change my IP?

Tro

So i got permanently banned on Twitch for having an "offensive username", Which was all meant as a joke towards a very funny livestreamer. Anyway.

My IP is banned. I can not watch ANY streams or log in on ANY account. I promise this i didn't do anything bad, someone just reported my username. (I won't be using the name anymore if i manage to change my IP)

I have a dynamic IP but i don't know how to change it.

I tried many different things.

Reset router, try to find something in the router setup page (when you type 192.168.0.1 in browser) and much more.

I searched the internet for hours with no succes.

Can anyone help me?

I have a Sitecom 300N router.

Please tell me if i forgot any info and ill add it in here.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Change it from static to dynamic. Not sure how, but you can find tons of tutorials on it. Then change your IP address

Like i said, it's already dynamic.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

free vpn's ,spotflux,tunnelbear etc..

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ok now i really need to know your name :D

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Umm... You can only change your WAN (read: Internet) IP by asking your ISP to either give you a dynamic IP, or a static IP that is different from your current one. 

If your IP is dynamic, and it has changed since you were banned, then they aren't blocking you by IP. You need a VPN in that case. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

free vpn's ,spotflux,tunnelbear etc..

I really just wanna change my IP..

it's your external IP, given to you by your ISP.
If it hasn't changed in a few days, it never will.
you could try a VPN.

Also, don't get banned from twitch, ya silly!

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Change it from static to dynamic. Not sure how, but you can find tons of tutorials on it. Then change your IP address

this relates to internal IP-adresses, something twitch doesn't care about.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Umm... You can only change your WAN (read: Internet) IP by asking your ISP to either give you a dynamic IP, or a static IP that is different from your current one. 

If your IP is dynamic, and it has changed since you were banned, then they aren't blocking you by IP. You need a VPN in that case. 

I have dynamic IP.

WHat im asking is HOW TO change my IP. I think, once i change it i'll be fine.

it's your external IP, given to you by your ISP.

If it hasn't changed in a few days, it never will.

you could try a VPN.

Also, don't get banned from twitch, ya silly!

It's been 3 days.

I didn't choose to be banned from twitch :P

Most ISPs have a dynamic lease time of about 4 hours, so if you unplugged your router from the wall for just over 4 hours (or whatever the lease time is) then it would get a new IP once plugged back in.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

I have dynamic IP.

.... And that's what I said. You can only change your WAN IP by asking your ISP to do it. 

You have no control over your WAN IP other than through VPN's or by asking your ISP to change it (either by making it dynamic or static). 

That's the only way you can. You can't change your WAN IP in your router. That's not how the internet works.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Call your ISP and asked them, they are the only ones that can give you a new one.

I have dynamic IP.

Call up your ISP and ask them to change your IP-address. Since you are on a dynamic IP, they should be able to change it. 

There are other ways Twitch could have banned you, so if a IP-address change doesn't work, then you need a VPN.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Call your ISP

Most ISPs have a dynamic lease time of about 4 hours, so if you unplugged your router from the wall for just over 4 hours (or whatever the lease time is) then it would get a new IP once plugged back in.

I did see a setting with something about lease time saying "Forever" Which i can change to half an hour. Is that it?

I did see a setting with something about lease time saying "Forever" Which i can change to half an hour. Is that it?

Take a screen shot of what you're talking about and post it.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

Take a screen shot of what you're talking about and post it.

http://imgur.com/pr1rgQp

Edit: i already changed it to half an hour here

http://imgur.com/pr1rgQp

Edit: i already changed it to half an hour here

Those are DHCP settings for your local network, not for your ISP's network.

So i got permanently banned on Twitch for having an "offensive username", Which was all meant as a joke towards a very funny livestreamer. Anyway.

My IP is banned. I can not watch ANY streams or log in on ANY account. I promise this i didn't do anything bad, someone just reported my username. (I won't be using the name anymore if i manage to change my IP)

Reset router, try to find something in the router setup page (when you type 192.168.0.1 in browser) and much more.

Can anyone help me?

Alright, first off:

Please stop changing settings in your Router. The IP Address that twitch banned is your WAN IP address (Wide Area Network - meaning the entire Internet). Your Router has zero control over this, so please stop before you mess up your router settings.

Now:

As mentioned by @Vitalius you need to call your ISP and ask them to change it. In theory, unplugging your modem for long enough will renew it, but the lease time is different for every ISP so you have no way of knowing when is long enough.

Just call your ISP and ask them to reset it to a new IP. NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK. You cannot change it yourself.

Please don't think we're being rude or angry with you, we're just trying to show you that you literally must call your ISP to do anything about it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

if you have a dynamic IP, simply restart you modem by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

If you have a static IP, like other comments have stated, the only thing you can do is call your isp.

Who is your ISP btw?

Try going to twitch on your phone on wifi, if you can get on your probably hardware banned

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Can anyone help me?

Your IP address is decided by the range given to you by the ISP's subnet. This is then assigned to your computer on your local network using a protocol called DHCP. You should be able to request another IP via DHCP however I suspect that it would be your gateways ( routers) external IP address that has been banned. This can be changed by rebooting your router or having a new routing but at te end of the day is decided by your ISP.

You can request a new IP via DHCP by simply running the following command in the command prompt in windows --> ipconfig /release

Then simply run the next command to renew this --> ipconfig /renew

This should make your computer request a new IP address to your router via DHCP. However like I said they have most likely banned your gateways external IP address which in this case a VPN, contacting your ISP or if you know how then purchasing an IP address and raising this your self is the only answer. 

Your IP address is decided by the range given to you by the ISP's subnet. This is then assigned to your computer on your local network using a protocol called DHCP. You should be able to request another IP via DHCP however I suspect that it would be your gateways ( routers) external IP address that has been banned. This can be changed by rebooting your router or having a new routing but at te end of the day is decided by your ISP.

You can request a new IP via DHCP by simply running the following command in the command prompt in windows --> ipconfig /release

Then simply run the next command to renew this --> ipconfig /renew

This should make your computer request a new IP address to your router via DHCP. However like I said they have most likely banned your gateways external IP address which in this case a VPN, contacting your ISP or if you know how then purchasing an IP address and raising this your self is the only answer. 

Unfortunately this will not work in the slightest for @Tro

What you suspect is true, Twitch would have banned his WAN IP (The one assigned to his Modem via the ISP). Twitch cannot see the LAN IP he was using on his actual computer, so using ipconfig /renew will not help the ban in any respect (because of NAT and the firewall in the router).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)