NSA FAILED - ISIS Tweets

http://qz.com/221981/a-rebel-army-in-iraq-is-putting-corporate-social-media-mavens-to-shame/

The article on quartz features a few graphs that provide information on the number tweets and web traffic, as well as a summary of the issue.

UPDATE: Just to show internet footprints that the U.S government would be interested in; plus the NSA deals with internal threats ( mostly)

Wait, what does this have to do with the NSA, exactly?

Wait, what does this have to do with the NSA, exactly?

They monitor everything , they prefer to gather information for the sake of national security. The threat was literally in plain sight...on twitter...which they have rodent hoard tendencies towards...

Yeah... What does the NSA have to do with this?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!!!!!

not sure how many people will get that...

They monitor everything , they prefer to gather information for the sake of national security. The threat was literally in plain sight...on twitter...which they have rodent hoard tendencies towards...

I hate the overreach of the US government as much as the next guy, but the National Security Agency is tasked with threats to the national security from within the US. Iraqi conflicts fall pretty far outside those bounds.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I hate the overreach of the US government as much as the next guy, but the National Security Agency is tasked with threats to the national security from within the US. Iraqi conflicts fall pretty far outside those bounds.

Yeah...I forgot about that ..., on the flip side we could say the U.S isn't trying to stick their noise to everyone's business as often as a result of this?

Yeah...I forgot about that ..., on the flip side we could say the U.S isn't trying to stick their noise to everyone's business as often as a result of this?

I think up until the invasions happened, the ISIS twitter account was just one of another dozen terrorist social media accounts - writing about jihad against the west, killing Shi'ites, and posting selfies of their sweet new turbans and beards.

I imagine the NSA was aware of ISIS and of their increased activity prior to the invasions, but were unsure of the specifics of the attacks. Either way, the current political climate doesn't really lend itself toward explicit intervention in the Middle East. At best, they could only have warned the Iraqi military that an attack was coming, but as the last couple weeks have shown, the new Iraqi military isn't terribly effective.