How does this look?

So I have another request for a build. The budget is rigth around that 3000€ mark. It will mainly be used for gaming on ultra settings at 1440p.  Also some editing. There will be some overclocking as well and the build is supposed to really  quiet. 

This is what I came up with: 

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/VC7GnQ

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€301.15) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  (€51.41) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€165.44) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (€138.23) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (€138.23) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€359.95) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€139.59) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€139.59) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€590.00) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€590.00) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€108.78) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€148.26) 
Case Fan: be quiet! SilentWings 2 50.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  (€17.66) 
Case Fan: be quiet! SilentWings 2 60.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  (€18.49) 
Other: Nanoxia 3-Pin to 6x 3-pin  (€5.89)
Total: €3000.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-14 17:51 CEST+0200

Anything wrong with it? For pricing and availability please refer to www.geizhals.de as pcpartpicker.de is a broken piece of shit. :)

You don't need 1000 watts...

Other than that it's fine.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Like a weapon, but I'd probably swap out the Ti's for 6GB 780s myself.

BTW a 750/800W PSU would be enough, maybe AX860?

i would not use fans in the top of the case, and instead allow the air flow to go straight out the back, the fans in the top will either push it down or pull it up meaning it wont be as effective at clearing the air at the GPU's or Cpu depending on push/pull  :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Why WD Red hard drives?

You should use a reference cooler when those two cards will be that close to eachother.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I'd rather get 290x's for 1440p. I also suggest against the RM series and go with a seasonic X series 1000W (for the 290x's)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

i would not use fans in the top of the case, and instead allow the air flow to go straight out the back, the fans in the top will either push it down or pull it up meaning it wont be as effective at clearing the air at the GPU's :)

I was planning on having the 140 in the rear suck in air the 3x 120mm on the top pull out and the 3x 120mm in the front suck air in. If I take out the three on the top I'd have no intake and if I make the 140 mm outake I would still have to much intake... Or am I completly wrong? 

Why WD Red hard drives?

You should use a reference cooler when those two cards will be that close to eachother.

They are the quietest drives on the market that is why. And why exactly would I want to use reference coolers then? 

I was planning on having the 140 in the rear suck in air the 3x 120mm on the top pull out and the 3x 120mm in the front suck air in. If I take out the three on the top I'd have no intake and if I make the 140 mm outake I would still have to much intake... Or am I completly wrong? 

you just said you would have 3 in the front as intake, how do you not have intake if you remove the top ones? :P i would have the back as outtake and the 3 in front as intake, would create awesome airflow, also means a more quiet system since you half the amount of fans making noise

I'd rather get 290x's for 1440p. I also suggest against the RM series and go with a seasonic X series 1000W (for the 290x's)

Nah the coolers on the r9 290x's are too loud. For instance an r9 290x with the DCU2 cooler is way louder than the one on the 780ti. Also why exactly should I swap the PSU? The RM Series is pretty much the quietest line PSU's on the market and it has those sexy cabels. 

I would moan about the PSU but with all of the other components being so expensive and high end I would stick with it. Might go for a dark rock 3 pro for better cooling and overclocking considering you have gone with  a devils canyon CPU.

Twitter | Steam |

They are the quietest drives on the market that is why. And why exactly would I want to use reference coolers then? 

If you use a cooler like DCUII, the hot air from the top card will be exhausting hot air directly onto the bottom card. Blower style reference coolers don't have that issue. Coolers like DCUII and ACX are great for single card solutions, but not so great for SLI.

Nah the coolers on the r9 290x's are too loud. For instance an r9 290x with the DCU2 cooler is way louder than the one on the 780ti. Also why exactly should I swap the PSU? The RM Series is pretty much the quietest line PSU's on the market and it has those sexy cabels. 

I don't like the RM series cables... I like 'em sleeved...

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Red's are most common used for raid configurations, 1000w is unneeded, but it's a nice and round number, gotta agree with ya :D

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (€74.90 @ Caseking) 

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€165.00) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€138.57 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€108.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€465.64 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€465.64 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm  Fan  (€18.48 @ Pixmania DE) 

Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm  Fan  (€18.48 @ Pixmania DE) 

Total: €2217.05

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-14 18:05 CEST+0200

you just said you would have 3 in the front as intake, how do you not have intake if you remove the top ones? :P i would have the back as outtake and the 3 in front as intake, would create awesome airflow, also means a more quiet system since you half the amount of fans making noise

Meant to say outake when I said intake in the phrase : 'If I take out the three on the top I'd have no intake'   Wouldn't i need more outake than a single fan? 

i like positive pressure over negative, since static pressure fans will put high speed air right into the gab between the gpus and into the cpu air cooler and push it all out the back keeping the pc cool :)

If you use a cooler like DCUII, the hot air from the top card will be exhausting hot air directly onto the bottom card. Blower style reference coolers don't have that issue. Coolers like DCUII and ACX are great for single card solutions, but not so great for SLI.

I have used a 2x 780ti DCU2 setup in the past and before I was watercooling I used two reference Titan Blacks and those are quiet a bit louder and hotter. 

I have used a 2x 780ti DCU2 setup in the past and before I was watercooling I used to reference Titan Blacks and those are quiet a bit louder and hotter. 

in a H440 there is no need to worry about this, as you are well aware it seems :) the front fans will clear the case easily

I have used a 2x 780ti DCU2 setup in the past and before I was watercooling I used to reference Titan Blacks and those are quiet a bit louder and hotter. 

When you have a non-reference cooler on a GPU, the fans blow the hot air back out into the case. Since there will be another video card below it, the hot air will be blown onto the video card, increasing temps of the bottom GPU. It may be a bit louder and a bit hotter when using reference coolers, but it saves the bottom video card from being burned alive during load. Blower style reference coolers use the vents on the PCIe bracket and exhaust air out that way.

Meant to say outake when I said intake in the phrase : 'If I take out the three on the top I'd have no intake'   Wouldn't i need more outake than a single fan? 

If you have more intake than exhaust you will have positive air pressure inside the case which helps prevent dust. Also the air will get pushed out the top without need for fans there. Less noise but still the same airflow, with less dust :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i like positive pressure over negative, since static pressure fans will put high speed air right into the gab between the gpus and into the cpu air cooler and push it all out the back keeping the pc cool :)

If i set it up like this with the front fans as intake and the rear and CPU cooler fan as outtake that  should be all good rigth? 

post-62105-0-00297800-1402762405.jpg

post-62105-0-00297800-1402762405.jpg

I thin you are overdoing your ram a bit and, as other said, 1000watts is overkill. 16gb of ram should more than sufficient unless you do very heavy video editing (if you do then go ahead and keep them). I am also not convinced 780ti's are worth the extra cost over a 780 or an r9 290, if you look at benchmarks they are very close and cost about 150 bucks less, the 290 even less than that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*