What is going on with Google Chrome?

I am a long time user of Google Chrome and absolutely love it. I show Chrome off to my friends and family demonstrating the speed at which the browser pops up and the way the browser is intertwined with an android phone. I have tried to use different variants of Firefox but they all have limitations. For example, while I was using WaterFox, Battlelog just refused and said it didn't recognize the browser. When I tried to use the vanilla version of Firefox the browser is slow to open (compared to chrome). 

Now its time to discuss the reason why I am making this post. During the past couple months features that worked on chrome perfectly fine, no longer function. The first of my complaints is the 'Recent Tabs'. On the older version of chrome in the bottom right hand corner of the 'New Tab' page, which is simple to access and worked. Now I am just going to list off the issues relating to it to make this a shorter post and to stop the chance of a full blown rant.

1. They implemented a keyboard short cut (Crtl + Shift+ T) to bring up the last closed tab, but it is more random than a Bing search result.
  2. The last tab function just doesn't work at all. I can use my laptop all day, connected to the internet and when I go to use a desktop. The Desktop claims that the last time a tab was opened on the laptop was 2-3 weeks ago.
  3. In older versions of the browser the computer could blue screen and return to desktop. The recent tabs would have all your tabs still there, it made it easy to pick and choose which tabs you wanted. Now, it opens every damn tab that you abused, 5-10 youtube videos start auto playing, and massive pdf pages re-download. So, I just end up closing all the windows and start again.

Tonight, when trying to signing into my university's assignment drop box page ( i guess it can be called that), the finger print sensor refused to start. It turns out chrome had uninstalled the browser extension for the finger print scanner to work. There was a link for more info which had some really infuriating lines on it such as:

You're seeing this notification because one or more of your Chrome extensions has been turned off to make Chrome safer. 

Extensions that have been disabled are grayed out and you won't be able to re-enable them

For your protection

Source

Oh okay you want to make chrome safer, Cool, So... Can I just re-enable this feature that comes with my laptop. Oh, no? But, I know what it is. Still no, well okay. You want me to contact the distributor and tell them to put it on your web store? For my protection, that's the reason I have to do this?

I want to leave this Chrome wagon but I can't, I need help. This wagon is being piloted by a drunk ape and its going down very quickly. My problem with firefox is that it is slow to open. I can count 3 steam boats before the browser opens, meanwhile with chrome if I will get confused because it feels like it opened before I clicked on it. I forced my self last December to use Firefox for a month. I did it, but I eventually switched back because the android version of Firefox is not good at all. Its slow and didn't even play youtube videos correctly (I don't remember what it was doing, I just remember it being an issue.) I also had an issue with Water fox not updating so I had to go back to the website and do it manually.  

I am going to leave chrome once again and hopefully this time for good. Writing that reminded me of an option in chrome to leave it running in the background and the 'do not disturb' button didn't work, I would get more notifications with it on than off because it would keep repeating the same notification. Google is like General Motors, no matter how many times they screw up people keep coming back. 

Is it just me with these issues or is everyone just kind of ignoring them? 

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Works fine for me, ctrl-shift-T does the last closed tab every time and the other devices thing only breaks when I haven't had the other device synced properly. I think its a good thing, I'm sick of fixing peoples computers because they've had random extensions installed with programs. It makes sense.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I love the Ctrl+Shift+T shortcut. I just have to get a little more used to it.

And for me, it always opens the last closed tab, and it even adds them into the original position.

Also, I don't know if this is in other browsers, but the ability to search in the browser history saved my bacon. I needed a site for information for a project and I knew about one that was very good. I googled for it for at least an hour and I started searching random words in the history. I found it and made my project in time.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

The Ctrl+Shift+T function is brilliant, but not exclusive to Chrome. I use Firefox and can still reopen closed tabs with this shortcut. I believe in Chrome you can open your last 20 closed tabs like this, it is not infinite.

I know a lot of people like Chrome because its synchronization function is brilliant, that was their reason to not switch to Firefox. But I believe Firefox has improved their sync function lately (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/sync/). It is just as good as the sync function of Chrome, but because it is open source it is way better. I have heard Firefox will get faster, I do not remember where I read that though. Chrome is still a little bit faster than Firefox, but that does not really matter to me. You should use Firefox because it is open-source. That little speed difference is absolutely not important compared to the open-sourceness of Firefox. (open-sourceness?).

So my advice is to use Firefox or Waterfox.

+ better sync function than Chrome (imo)

+ still really fast, even though Chrome is a bit faster

+ OPEN-SOURCE

I am by no means a webbrowser expert, so if some of my information is wrong or not complete, please tell me.

I love to learn.

Learning

• 3 weeks later...

The Ctrl+Shift+T function is brilliant, but not exclusive to Chrome. I use Firefox and can still reopen closed tabs with this shortcut. I believe in Chrome you can open your last 20 closed tabs like this, it is not infinite.

I know a lot of people like Chrome because its synchronization function is brilliant, that was their reason to not switch to Firefox. But I believe Firefox has improved their sync function lately (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/sync/). It is just as good as the sync function of Chrome, but because it is open source it is way better. I have heard Firefox will get faster, I do not remember where I read that though. Chrome is still a little bit faster than Firefox, but that does not really matter to me. You should use Firefox because it is open-source. That little speed difference is absolutely not important compared to the open-sourceness of Firefox. (open-sourceness?).

So my advice is to use Firefox or Waterfox.

+ better sync function than Chrome (imo)

+ still really fast, even though Chrome is a bit faster

+ OPEN-SOURCE

I am by no means a webbrowser expert, so if some of my information is wrong or not complete, please tell me.

I love to learn.

i tried to use firefox for a week, im back to chrome. firefox refused to let me to sign into forum and crashed countless times, even one being a blue screen (could just be a coincidence). 

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Works fine for me, ctrl-shift-T does the last closed tab every time and the other devices thing only breaks when I haven't had the other device synced properly. I think its a good thing, I'm sick of fixing peoples computers because they've had random extensions installed with programs. It makes sense.

Ctrl + shift + t works 99% of the time for me, its just not the right tab. It could be just the way i use chrome, I have separate windows for separate things I am working on, when I am done with something theres a chance that multiple tabs will be closed at the same time. I wish it just returned with (when i hit C+S+T) the last open tab but it doesn't, its a random tab in that last window. 

I could have one tab open close the browser and open it again and either go to the last tab menu or hit shift + ctrl + t and nothing will happen or the menu would be blank.

My grandparents computer was like that with random extensions, but I am not like my grandparents, I can handle installing programs without getting all of that junk. I think this "feature" shouldn't be forced on us, there should be a check box or something like on android. I really miss the ability to never have to type in a password into a browser, I can't find a HP simple pass thing anywhere now. The firefox simple pass extension doesn't work, it will only work if I minimize the window swipe my figure a couple times to bring up simple pass, then maximize the windows and then swipe till it asks for a swipe to sign into the page. If that doesn't work i have to setup the sign in on simple pass again.  There is no support for internet explorer. 

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.