Xbox 360 To PC Legal?

luke_2bossly

That's like buying Peanut Butter M&M's at the store.. And then going back to the store later and getting the Pretzel M&M's and just walking out without paying... Just because you bought one, doesn't mean the other is just free for the taking because it's pretty much the same thing.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Depends which country you are from and how you got the copy. There are places in the EU, and Canada where you can legally acquire and use a copy, as long as it wasn't pirated and the source legally acquired it I believe. Maybe p2p downloads are debatable some countries.

That's like buying Peanut Butter M&M's at the store.. And then going back to the store later and getting the Pretzel M&M's and just walking out without paying... Just because you bought one, doesn't mean the other is just free for the taking because it's pretty much the same thing.

i see what you mean, but hes brought the game i dont see why you have to buy it again to play it on another platform

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

It really depends on how you interpret the law.  Bagels and M+Ms are poor analogies as they are both consumables and duplicate items from different stores not one item (in this case the rights to use game software). Copyright law defines your purchase of games/software as the right to own a copy of the software, Copyright owners on many occasions have said that when you buy a game you are not buying a disc or a download key, but in fact you are buying the right to use the software contained on it.  Thus if the OP's friend does not give away or use the original 360 software then the pc software he has downloaded is legal because he has already purchased the right to use one copy of the game software. Platform or medium is irrelevant.

An example of this would be music, I have purchased many albums on cassette,  since the release of CD cassette players are now obsolete and hard to come by,  I have purchased the rights to have in my possession one copy of the music for my own personal use,  If I can't use the tape so I download an MP3, I still have one copy of the music that I have paid for.

In court it will come down to the judges interpretation, however having given a rational interpretation of the law and an example outside of software, until such time as it becomes a court case to say it's illegal is erroneous.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It really depends on how you interpret the law.  Bagels and M+Ms are poor analogies as they are both consumables and duplicate items from different stores not one item (in this case the rights to use game software). Copyright law defines your purchase of games/software as the right to own a copy of the software, Copyright owners on many occasions have said that when you buy a game you are not buying a disc or a download key, but in fact you are buying the right to use the software contained on it.  Thus if the OP's friend does not give away or use the original 360 software then the pc software he has downloaded is legal because he has already purchased the right to use one copy of the game software. Platform or medium is irrelevant.

An example of this would be music, I have purchased many albums on cassette,  since the release of CD cassette players are now obsolete and hard to come by,  I have purchased the rights to have in my possession one copy of the music for my own personal use,  If I can't use the tape so I download an MP3, I still have one copy of the music that I have paid for.

In court it will come down to the judges interpretation, however having given a rational interpretation of the law and an example outside of software, until such time as it becomes a court case to say it's illegal is erroneous.

Best answer all day thanks :)

Its all looks these days

Best answer all day thanks :)

Don't forget to mark his answer Best Answer

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Don't forget to mark his answer Best Answer

how??? I cant find that option lol

Its all looks these days

how??? I cant find that option lol

Should be near the like this button on his post.

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Should be near the like this button on his post.

Its weird that option like dissapeared from my pc?? can you post a screenshot where it is on yours???

Its all looks these days

Mark solved. My picture couldn't upload but it is directly to the left of the quote options

Current 

Mark solved. My picture couldn't upload but it is directly to the left of the quote options

nope not here...

Its all looks these days