Xbox 360 To PC Legal?

luke_2bossly

Hey guys my friend bought assassins creed for xbox 360 and then later pirated the version for pc... I told him it was illegal but he said since he already bought it once he was permitted to download it for PC???? Is his claim legit? If you buy a game you can download it on any platform through Pirating? Please dont remove this thread lol just asking a simple question for informational use....

Its all looks these days

Hey guys my friend bought assassins creed for xbox 360 and then later pirated the version for pc... I told him it was illegal but he said since he already bought it once he was permitted to download it for PC???? Is his claim legit? If you buy a game you can download it on any platform through Pirating? Please dont remove this thread lol just asking a simple question for informational use....

It's not legit no.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

No you will need a copy of the platform you are playing on but who the hell cares.

its illegal, take it this way, you by a porsche, doesnt mean you can just take a second one

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

your friend has a point imo

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Some games include cross-platform codes, but no, in this case it wasn't legal. Although, who gives a shit? :D 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

No you will need a copy of the platform you are playing on but who the hell cares.

The law....

its illegal, take it this way, you by a porsche, doesnt mean you can just take a second one

Toatally different concept lol.... not related at all

Its all looks these days

Illegal, but why it is..... no idea really, same damn game lol.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

But I thought the whole point of buing games is to support the devs.... If you already bought it once wtf would they care?

Its all looks these days

not the good old buy it once take it everywhere amazon digital concept lol

Its all looks these days

But I thought the whole point of buing games is to support the devs.... If you already bought it once wtf would they care?

It's all a business - a lot of effort goes into making the game for all platforms. I've re-bought games multiple times for different platforms. While it sucks, it's just the way things work. Sony's doing something great though with cross-buy (buy it on one system, get it on the other - PS4 vs. Vita for free) but I don't htink that's going to catch on unfortunately.

It's all a business - a lot of effort goes into making the game for all platforms. I've re-bought games multiple times for different platforms. While it sucks, it's just the way things work. Sony's doing something great though with cross-buy (buy it on one system, get it on the other - PS4 vs. Vita for free) but I don't htink that's going to catch on unfortunately.

got it :) 

Its all looks these days

Yay, another excuse to post Judas Priest.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The law....

Toatally different concept lol.... not related at all

Let me call the police :P  unless you live in china it's impossible to stop this.

i traced you ip

da internet p0lic3 will catch your friend   O_O

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

You think the Dev dont get enough money or something?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

It's still illegal even if you own a copy for that platform as it is illegal for anyone to distribute a copy of a game to anyone else. No matter if they both own it or not. I can physically take my version and give it away or sell it, so long as I do not retain a copy of any kind. But, if I take my copy, and make additional copies to give away, or upload my game files online for other to download, that is 100% illegal. You can only ever make a copy for yourself and must retain the original for that copy to remain legal. No matter what platform the original is and no matter what platform the copy is used on.

But even then, that does not apply to all software. It is against the EULA to sell your Windows license. In order for you to be able to sell your Windows license to anyone else, you must be an authorised reseller with Microsoft. Meaning, if you sell your old computer, it is illegal for you to sell it with your Windows license installed on it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Anyway, he already supported the dev team once, that all they need.

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

If i buy a bagel from wallmart and then steal a bagel from safeway is that legal?

I am actually interested in my bagel acquisition possibilities.

If you buy a bagel from wallmart, don't eat it and replace the bagel you bought with one from safeway, who the hell cares?

In an ideal world, when you buy a game it should be yours. In the reality world filled with legalities everywhere, you're "licensing" said game, it isn't even yours. Of course, you can plug your ears going LA LA LA LA and ignore this like many others do. Used to love playing older EA titles like Need For Speed Underground 2, had it when the PS2 was relevant. Do I also have it on PC? When the urge strikes, I redownload it from the Bay. I'm not giving EA any more money when I already bought the game ages ago, especially on an outdated game that doesn't even have working servers anymore.

Legit? No. Should you care? That depends on the game and circumstances.

If he could use an emulator to play the exact same copy of the 360 version of the game then he could legally download the 360 version and emulate the iso file directly, that would be legal and fair use. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not legit no.

your friend has a point imo

Some games include cross-platform codes, but no, in this case it wasn't legal. Although, who gives a shit? :D

Illegal, but why it is..... no idea really, same damn game lol.

Yay, another excuse to post Judas Priest.

Let me call the police :P  unless you live in china it's impossible to stop this.

If i buy a bagel from wallmart and then steal a bagel from safeway is that legal?

I am actually interested in my bagel acquisition possibilities.

i traced you ip

da internet p0lic3 will catch your friend   O_O

You think the Dev dont get enough money or something?

It's still illegal even if you own a copy for that platform as it is illegal for anyone to distribute a copy of a game to anyone else. No matter if they both own it or not. I can physically take my version and give it away or sell it, so long as I do not retain a copy of any kind. But, if I take my copy, and make additional copies to give away, or upload my game files online for other to download, that is 100% illegal. You can only ever make a copy for yourself and must retain the original for that copy to remain legal. No matter what platform the original is and no matter what platform the copy is used on.

But even then, that does not apply to all software. It is against the EULA to sell your Windows license. In order for you to be able to sell your Windows license to anyone else, you must be an authorised reseller with Microsoft. Meaning, if you sell your old computer, it is illegal for you to sell it with your Windows license installed on it.

Anyway, he already supported the dev team once, that all they need.

If you buy a bagel from wallmart, don't eat it and replace the bagel you bought with one from safeway, who the hell cares?

Guys I am not doing it lol! I toatally think its stealing! I am just interested and trying to understand the concept...  Seems like the majority say its illegal but some say legal.... Pirating so freaking anoying.... Also @Slick are you addicted to bagels? lol

Its all looks these days

It is illegal, but no one really cares anymore. He payed for it. Although he payed, doesn't mean he can torrent it legally, but again, who is gonna stop him? He can download what ever he want and it really isn't any ones business. Although, to your question and concerns, yes technically it is illegal

Current 

It is still illegal but pirating is awesome so go ahead the government sucks anyways