"Nexus" Samsung S4 Via Play Store (Confirmed)

Late night crawling has netted me to what I feel is a very sad day for the HTC One. 

At the Google I/O event, Samsung is set to make a pretty big announcement. A new version of their latest flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, will be announced – the Google version.

What it means is that Samsung understands that some people, while they may love the device, aren’t so big on the software (mainly TouchWiz). In response, we’ll e seeing a pure AOSP version of the Galaxy S4 being prepped to launch.

Boys at http://www.geek.com 

Orginal article link Here

Google's Blog for Android with Official confirmation of above items and a few more items from Google I/O http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/

I have to say it could be very bad news for htc as a whole when the S4 gets the nexus treatment with software. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

if they do this...... i will love them...... STOCK ANDROID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I liked what HTC was doing with the ONE and its the way I would love to see android plateform head towards. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

I would still rather have the one

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

God i hope this is true, I love stock android its the best mobile experience. If they do this i know i'm going to be getting an S4 over the One, i've been having trouble deciding as well.  

You never know HTC might do the same in future if this becomes an option, if they do i would probably get the One over the S4

I don't mind Touch Wiz that much, and I have already pre-ordered my S4 so I can't get this is I wanted to. I do think it's a big step for Samsung, although a lot of enthusiests have already got a new phone, the HTC One or the Galaxy S4. Samsung should have anounced this the same time they anounced the regular S4.

If the hardwares the same which it probably will be they should give current owners the option to switch to the stock rom

According to the article it seems to be a special edition T mobile phone.

Yess Stock Android ftw :D

The only thing that bothers me about Samsung phones is touchwiz

I think that's the way to go not only for Samsung but for all the manufacturers

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

According to the article it seems to be a special edition T mobile phone.

As long as its the same phone i don't mind, the roms will become available and save the community a lot of time getting newer versions of the stock rom working on it and fixing bugs

Holy balls to the wall this is awesome! I'm going do be a little skeptical though. AOSP <3

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'd prefer they do that with the One than the S4, though I probably would get the regular version because I like both the hardware and the software. It would be nice to get OS upgrades at non-ridiculous delays though.

I think the biggest selling point of the ONE were Built Quality and the front facing Speakers. I don't think it is as large a blow since they won't loose that advantage.

This should solve most, if not all problems for ROM developers working on the S4 and make porting much easier, especially if it's the Exynos version. Just keep in mind this is still a rumour so keep a pinch of salt handy.

I personally have my doubts about this, although what they might be doing is something similar to what they did with the Sony Xperia S (which nobody cared about), porting android to it and keeping it up to date for people who want to flash the official Google ROM.

Only 4 hours left now :D :D

YES! Stock android ftw. I've been using my S2 for the past 2 (nearly 3 years) on stock and I have slowly gone from being okay with it, to full out hate it. I'm probably going to be flashing a stable build of CM on it this weekend. More so than any of the gesture features and bloatware being removed, I think this will set a new standard update delivery times from a manufacturer. As always with new tech, I want it and I want it now.

YES! Stock android ftw. I've been using my S2 for the past 2 (nearly 3 years) on stock and I have slowly gone from being okay with it, to full out hate it. I'm probably going to be flashing a stable build of CM on it this weekend. More so than any of the gesture features and bloatware being removed, I think this will set a new standard update delivery times from a manufacturer. As always with new tech, I want it and I want it now.

Good choice CM 10.1 is awesome and very stable, even though it's still nightly... we might even see 4.3 or whatever will be released today in a few weeks :).

Good choice CM 10.1 is awesome and very stable, even though it's still nightly... we might even see 4.3 or whatever will be released today in a few weeks :).

That was the one thing that stopped me from flashing the last time my phone needed a clean out. Stability. But after dealing with stock 4.0.3 issues for the past few months, a nightly will probably feel more stable :D

Off topic here: Does anyone know if google i/o have livestream?

Off topic here: Does anyone know if google i/o have livestream?

That was the one thing that stopped me from flashing the last time my phone needed a clean out. Stability. But after dealing with stock 4.0.3 issues for the past few months, a nightly will probably feel more stable :D

Trust me stability is MUCH better, but since Samsung hasn't released the official source documents for the Exynos in the SII, team Hacksung had to do all the work, so we probably won't be seeing them officially calling any "Stable" builds, they're perfectionists like that :D.

I wouldn't recommend updating to 4.3 immediately when it's released on the XDA forum, though, if you're using your SII as a daily driver. (that's not to say I haven't done that or won't do just that though :lol:.)

Assuming this is true, interesting to see them move in that direction.

Though, chances are that anyone who cares about having stock android would be rooting and flashing their device anyway. The vast majority of potential customers for the S4 don't care/know.

Watching the live stream it was also confirmed it would be sold on the Google play store for $650 and unlike stated in the article its completely unlocked so any provider you choose with bootloader unlocked as well.

"He announced the unlocked model will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile, will have LTE support, 16 GB of RAM that's expandable with an SD card, and its most appealing feature is that it's bootloader unlocked. The crowd of developers erupted in applause when he announced that this new Galaxy S4 will receive system updates "promptly with every android platform update."

Barra said the device will be available starting June 26 on Google Play for $649.

"

DAT PRICE! O_O

Really Nice to see Samsung & Google Collaborating on this, hopefully the XDA developers will allow both S4 versions of Android to work on either the Original Samsung S4 with Touchwiz or allow us to use the Google Edition OS. So in the end this should allow for more options for users so that they can have the Manufacturers take on Android or the Developers take direct from Google without having to wait for updates from Samsung which are not as fast at updating their software compared to Google & its development team.

But in the end great news for all the complainers who always complain about the Touchwiz bloat!