Cloning SSD on windows 8

angrylemon

so i bought a crucial SSD (M550 128gb) for my laptop, i also bought a notebook cloning kit,

problem 1:software was not compatible with windows 8, i found some free software online called AOMEI and it works, atleast it clones it to my SSD.

problem 2:when i plug my SSD (after it has been cloned the laptop does not recognise the OS on the new drive.

does anyone know how to fix this or a link to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated, i am very frustrated as i need this for school and have no time to be playing around with it.

http://www.upgradeab...ts/UCA1720.html

I use a free program called EASEUS ToDo Backup Free

And when you clone an SSD drive there is a option box that needs ticking. So i'm not sure if you need to do the same thing in AOMEI.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

And when you clone an SSD drive there is a option box that needs ticking. So i'm not sure if you need to do the same thing in AOMEI.

ok thanks im trying it now

so uhh it said failed to read sector, im trying again but i have my dobuts its gonna work

Pop in your windows 8 iso and run repair, I would guess your clone missed the mbr partition.  just be sure you have a copy of your data safe before trying to repair win8.  I assume you still have the source used in the clone kit.

for future reference, you can try clonezilla insteand of whatever a clone kit does.