Internet removed itself. Virus?

Andzon

Hello, I woke up to two "pling" noises (the ones you hear when you install something/put in a disc on a win 8.1), I was too tired to check. When I got to my PC I noticed that my Internet Explorer and Google Chrome were uninstalled. A software called "337 games" was installed; I instantly deleted it. The only reason I'm online is due to downloading Google Search from my app store. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm doing a malware scan if that'll help.

Did you update your Flash Player to watch a movie? Did you download software because you won iPad's/iPhones?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Yes, I installed the software it always prompts me to download when I connect my phone to my PC.

Hello, I woke up to two "pling" noises (the ones you hear when you install something/put in a disc on a win 8.1), I was too tired to check. When I got to my PC I noticed that my Internet Explorer and Google Chrome were uninstalled. A software called "337 games" was installed; I instantly deleted it. The only reason I'm online is due to downloading Google Search from my app store. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm doing a malware scan if that'll help.

deleted or uninstalled? deleting a shortcut does nothing.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Delete it from a command prompt if you have to, I had to do that the other day for a friend. He had some bad AdWare and it would not let me just unistall it using "Unistall A Program" with windows it said you have to be on a "Administrator Account" which I was, I was on the only account on the PC witch was the Admin account so I found where the AdWare was located (took a good 20 minutes+ ) and open CMD and deleted it manually. 

Get the chrome installer on a usb stick from another pc and use that to reinstall it. Do a malware scan firt though, otherwise you risk getting the same problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Did you update your Flash Player to watch a movie? Did you download software because you won iPad's/iPhones?

Dude, this is the number one rule for a techie. You NEVER, EVER, EVER, download any software that suddenly pops up or enter any "giveaway."  Then your computer gets screwed with all kinds of crap.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It is highly unlikely that your web browsers, especially Internet Explorer, have been installed. Press Win+R and type chrome.exe to run chrome or iexplore.exe to run Internet Explorer (then press enter). If they don't run, then you must have accepted a User Account Control dialog (the things that look like this:

310px-Windows_7_UAC.png

).

To fix the issues, you should download malwarebytes from here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ , download and install it, then run a scan. It will probably find stuff, so make sure that you actually remove them, then restart your computer and then if IE was removed ( iexplore.exe returned an error) you need to reenable internet exploder by pressing start, then typing "Turn Windows Features on or off" and it should show a link to that (tested on win7 ultimate). Then just check the box next to Internet Explorer, click OK and restart your pc. You can redownload chrome from there.

HTTP/2 203

It is highly unlikely that your web browsers, especially Internet Explorer, have been installed. Press Win+R and type chrome.exe to run chrome or iexplore.exe to run Internet Explorer (then press enter). If they don't run, then you must have accepted a User Account Control dialog (the things that look like this:

310px-Windows_7_UAC.png

).

To fix the issues, you should download malwarebytes from here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ , download and install it, then run a scan. It will probably find stuff, so make sure that you actually remove them, then restart your computer and then if IE was removed ( iexplore.exe returned an error) you need to reenable internet exploder by pressing start, then typing "Turn Windows Features on or off" and it should show a link to that (tested on win7 ultimate). Then just check the box next to Internet Explorer, click OK and restart your pc. You can redownload chrome from there.

Yeah, there is no way IE can get uninstalled. It's a Windows Service. Trust me, I've tried it before, no go.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Delete it from a command prompt if you have to, I had to do that the other day for a friend. He had some bad AdWare and it would not let me just unistall it using "Unistall A Program" with windows it said you have to be on a "Administrator Account" which I was, I was on the only account on the PC witch was the Admin account so I found where the AdWare was located (took a good 20 minutes+ ) and open CMD and deleted it manually. 

This is Microsoft's 'lazy' wording the administrator account that you are is NOT the Administrator account that has full control of your computer(same idea as Root on UNIX systems)

you can run as administrator in command prompt.  by simply clicking run as adinistrator from the drop down content sensitive menu.

You can enable the administrator account by running the Command promt as an administrator;

Then type      " net  user administrator /active:yes " this enables the 'head honcho' account (don't forget to remove the Administrator account when you have finished using it).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

run a scan of malwarebytes premiuim trial

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Yeah, there is no way IE can get uninstalled. It's a Windows Service. Trust me, I've tried it before, no go.

But you can disable it in the "Turn Windows Features On/Off" menu in "Add/Remove Programs".

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Try going to "Turn Windows Features On/Off" menu on the left side of the "Add/Remove Programs" menu and make sure that IE is still checked.  If it is not, then IE will not show up in the programs folder and it will appear as if it was uninstalled.  This is how I force people to use a different browser.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I would just go for a clean install.