Xbox one power supply UK

Squeeblii

I can get the xbox one really cheap from the US, I know it works hear as it has no region lock and people have said but I would need an adapter for the plug. I found by looking at pictures of the power supply that it uses a 3 pin cable which is the same cables used for a lot of things such as computers and I was wondering if i just plug my spare one of them in to it would it still work? does it have some different voltage or anything?

Thanks.

It's not rocket science...

Buying from US and shipping it here will give you extra charges and it will probably end up being more expensive than an Xbone from the UK.

The majority of PSU's used in this kind of thing usually accept anything from 100 - 240v. Check first though.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

There are 3 version of the PSU, you'd need to make sure it has the 100v-240v psu.

It says here that there is a 100-110v and a 220-240v unit in addition to the universal 100v-240v unit.

However if customs catch it you're gonna be paying taxes on it and it won't work out as cheap as you think.

You'll have to pay Import VAT (20%) and Customs Duty (0-85%) so the console will probably be more expensive than just buying it in the UK. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/buying.htm

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Buying from US and shipping it here will give you extra charges and it will probably end up being more expensive than an Xbone from the UK.

Im buying it from amazon for £230 and the postage is $3 per pound which would be near $30 and thats about £15 so its still cheaper than the £350

It's not rocket science...

Im buying it from amazon for £230 and the postage is $3 per pound which would be near $30 and thats about £15 so its still cheaper than the £350

You'll be charged customs and VAT as well.

Customs varies wildly by price and I'm not sure what that will be, but VAT will be another 20% on the cost - £46 I think.

EDIT - P.S. - you will need to either get a 240v UK PSU for it, or a step down converter for it. You can get a step down converter for £15-20 or so.

EDIT EDIT - You'll also have issues if you need to return it. Seriously mate, it's just not worth the extra hassle.

You are forgetting customs. I was planning on buying pc parts in the USA and ship them to Belgium. Didn't work out. Shipping: 200 dollar. They do not deliver electronics (so no motherboard or cpu) and customs was 300 dollar.

The total price in dollar (without customs or shipping) was about 2k. So yeah, you will be paying about 50 pounds for customs!

Edit: I just tried to get a 489 dollar Xbox one to Belgium:

Total price: 654 dollar

Shipping and customs : 165 dollar = 98,2 GBP

So it's not even worth it to buy your console in the USA, just buy it in Britain!

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/