NZXT Havik 140 Any Good?

BenestoTech
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Well Phanteks or Noctua then? :P

Noctua is better but it kind of ruins the point if you're going to replace their fans. 

Hey, checking out the NZXT Havik 140 - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23&products_id=18073 

Any good?

Thats my only question. Any other good ones let me know.

Thanks

BenestoTech

Personally, I would pony up and spend a few more bucks and get myself a nice Noctua. But then again, if you don't like "poop brown and vomit tan", that CPU cooler has really nice looks. Also, that product is discontinued.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

It's one of the best CPU coolers for the money. 

Error: 410

looks... interesting...

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

Yes, it performs similarly to the NH-D14 in many cases.

This belongs in the Air Cooling section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Personally, I would pony up and spend a few more bucks and get myself a nice Noctua. But then again, if you don't like "poop brown and vomit tan", that CPU cooler has really nice looks. Also, that product is discontinued.

Could I get a Noctua Heatsink and buy some different Blue or white fans?

Yo whats up.

Sure, or live with it for now and get some of their new industrial black (or grey) fans when they come out.

The NZXT cooler will still perform very well, but as I said, it's discontinued, and Noctua comes with a 6 year warranty if you ever have problems.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

You could but you might as well grab a Phanteks cooler at that point. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sure, or live with it for now and get some of their new industrial black (or grey) fans when they come out.

The NZXT cooler will still perform very well, but as I said, it's discontinued, and Noctua comes with a 6 year warranty if you ever have problems.

I'm not getting a cooler until December-January ish, so maybe I'll just go Noctua

You could but you might as well grab a Phanteks cooler at that point. 

Yo whats up.

Noctua is better but it kind of ruins the point if you're going to replace their fans. 

yes

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Ok thank you, Ill look towards Noctua Industrial in the coming months.

Yo whats up.