Do not PRE-ORDER games!

Here are some example with explanation:

Battlefield: Hardline
Because its EA. They give unfinished & broken products. Remember Battlefield 4.

Assassins Creed Unity, The Division, & Rainbow Six Siege
If you are on PC do not Pre-Order because Ubisoft make games unoptimized on PC like  Assassins Creed Black Flag   and Watch Dogs. 

Call of Duty: Advance Warefare
If you are on PC do not Pre-Order because Activation make games unoptimized on PC like Call of Duty Ghost.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

The only game i've ever preordered was COD 4 for the ps3. I never pre-order games because they are pretty terrible when they first come out

ofcourse :) its not like they run out of digital copies :P and you can wait until the day before when reviews should be out already to tell you if its good or not.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I pre-ordered only 3 games: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I needed a Wii Remote with motion plus, so I picked up the bundle. Aside from that, I was just fans of them especially considering the time frame between releases of those games, I was okay shelling out full price. Yes, I like the Final Fantasy XIII saga. Sue me.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I would pre-order only if the game was like 50% off before it comes out.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I have never Pre-ordered anything in my entire life.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I have never Pre-ordered anything in my entire life.

Same

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

i pre ordered BF4......never again

Spread the good word friend.

I stopped here.......

http://youtu.be/p-YEcQ7M8Bc

Why anyone Pre-orders after playing Beta then going on to moan i have no idea.

I was in Alpha/Beta Beta is basically final game just with cut back visuals and minor performance problems.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Do not PRE-ORDER games!

If you are on PC do not Pre-Order because Ubisoft make games unoptimized on PC like  Assassins Creed Black Flag   and Watch Dogs

If you are on PC do not Pre-Order because Activation make games unoptimized on PC like Call of Duty Ghost.

Hardline development in no way affects the development or support of BF4 and BF4 in no way affects the development of Hardlines. It's two completely and independent development teams working on each game. DICE has nothing to do with Hardlines beyond the licensing of the of the Frostbite engine to a completely separate studio.

But beyond that, if I am going to own a game no matter what, I'm going to pre-order to to get whatever perks go along with pre-ordering the game. No matter what you may have to say about it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I pre-ordered Transistor. No ragrets.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Hardline development in no way affects the development or support of BF4 and BF4 in no way affects the development of Hardlines. It's two completely and independent development teams working on each game. DICE has nothing to do with Hardlines beyond the licensing of the of the Frostbite engine to a completely separate studio.

But beyond that, if I am going to own a game no matter what, I'm going to pre-order to to get whatever perks go along with pre-ordering the game. No matter what you may have to say about it.

^This

I'm going to buy Hardline. I just am. So why not pre-order it? People always whine and complain about bf4, but I never really had that many problems with it. Yeah, the "netcode" needed some fixing and the game felt sluggish, but that's not exactly a new thing for Battlefield. I didn't have any performance issues with bf4, nor did it really crash except one day one. I got my moneys worth out of it and then some.

Unfortunately, I think you're wasting your breath. I have a number of friends who compulsively pre-order and their thickheadedness is impenetrable. People who pre-order are mostly ignorant of the overarching consequences to the practice, at least of the ones they can't immediately see.

Pre-orders may be the single biggest poison in the industry, but there are far too many game consumers compared to gamers still to ever realistically hope it will die.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

some games have "pre order and play beta" wich is ok, if you dont like it cancel it and you safe, i do this whenever its possible. 
Take Destiny for example. its "Beta" soon and if i don't like it ill kick it in the nuts and never look back unless i can get it for 15 cheeseburgers on ps3, why ps3? because i don't need Ps+ for online. it looks worse? free online vs tiny bump on graphics...hmmmmm

Witcher 3? Also add DA:I to that EA list

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Do not PRE-ORDER games!

If you are on PC do not Pre-Order because Ubisoft make games unoptimized on PC like  Assassins Creed Black Flag   and Watch Dogs

You don't say

le_logo_de_bande_de_baie_de_pirate_autoc

All i'm wasting is time

Do not PRE-ORDER games!

But what if I want to play those games? Even if I buy them later those problems will exist

I get what you are saying, but you did not explain it in a particularly good way, the reason is you never know what you are getting, you pre-order and perhaps there is a game breaking bug that takes weeks to fix.

However if you were planning to get the game anyway, like for example I have every single game you mentioned here despite the problems then there is no harm

That said personally I do not agree with pre-ordering. Its not like the games are in limited supply. Unless there is some crazy saving or deal for pre-ordering I never do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

what about games from respected and trustworthy developers, cd projekt red. Who i feel comfortable in trusting. And what about pre ordering very limited collectors editions? 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

The reason not to pre-order games is that "pre-ordering" just means you're giving the publisher an interest-free loan for however many months. Your money will sit in their account, earning interest for them instead of you.

If there are exclusive pre-ordering benefits, you may deem them worth it, but in general it's a terrible idea. And you should always do it at the last possible minute, so they can't mooch off your money.

It's basically a terrible habit that shouldn't exist. Paying full price for products that don't even exist yet? If no one did this incredibly irrational thing, the pre-order "bonuses" would just be included in the retail version, anyway.

(Oh, and long time lurker first time poster. Hi!)

You should add Total War Rome II to that list. It was the worst piece of crap ever. Shogun II was such a massive success and did a copious number of improvements. In Rome II they throw that into the garbage and give you myriads of the most outstanding of glitches, dysfunctional mechanics, shit A.I., terrible design, and graphical glitches that make you wonder where their largest budget for making  a video game went. Just so you know I have played all of the Total War series and played Shogun II thoroughly prior to preordering Rome II. The reason why I preordered is due to the fact that Shogun II was such a success at least it couldn't have been much worse, and I figured they'll be DLC whoring the crap they'll include in the preorder.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I pre ordered AC IV Black Flag and I had no problems with it, the only problem I had with AC IV was recently when I bought a ultra-wide monitor but I fixed the problem quickly.  I plan to pre order AC Unity too over the summer when I saved up the spare cash needed to buy it.

I you're complaining about games with problems at lunch then that's 98% of them, I been playing games on computers/consoles going back 30+ years and there seems to be problems with most games at lunch, even way back then but with the internet we get updates a lot easier then we did back then (sometimes we had to program the fix ourselves back in the 20th century).

Cry Havoc!

I wait until the game is at least half off.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac