[RANT] My little brother is such a brat...

WinNut

your parents should stop buying him stuff he doesn't need.

but you need to get over it, too. it's his stuff, let him treat it the way he wants.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Well, your parents are the ones in the wrong here, for not teaching him to take care of his stuff correctly.

Mine sure as hell confiscated my stuff when I did something I shouldn't or they simply wouldn't be buying me anything I wanted. Yours are basically throwing money by the window by giving him everything like that, he's growing up thinking he's entitled to everything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

i'm having a hard time understanding why it is exactly that you care

I'm having a harder time understanding why we should.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Well, your parents are the ones in the wrong here, for not teaching him to take care of his stuff correctly.

Mine sure as hell confiscated my stuff when I did something I shouldn't or they simply wouldn't be buying me anything I wanted. Yours are basically throwing money by the window by giving him everything like that, he's growing up thinking he's entitled to everything.

My mom is the one with a really OP computer...an i7 and 4GB of RAM for watching Asian dramas? She has the only 64bit OS in the house, I should switch to Ubuntu.

The laptop was a hand-me-down from my dad and was in perfect condition before he started abusing it, my boot times are better and I have a fucking ULV Celeron M.

In addition, I do laundry for him and we both place our soiled apparel into two bins, one for light color clothing and one for dark. He always throws his dark clothes into the light bin, and when I addressed the issue with him he screamed that he didn't have to follow my ways and that I should just fix it. Keep in mind I am volunteering to do his laundry for him, maybe I should stop.

My family didn't get a home computer till I was around 15 and it was a crappy P3 HP desktop, we also had dial-up. You damn ungrateful kids these days.

In addition, I do laundry for him and we both place our soiled apparel into two bins, one for light color clothing and one for dark. He always throws his dark clothes into the light bin, and when I addressed the issue with him he screamed that he didn't have to follow my ways and that I should just fix it. Keep in mind I am volunteering to do his laundry for him, maybe I should stop.

Yes, Stop.

If he wants to be an ungrateful brat, let him stay that way, do your things and just pretend he doesn't exist, maybe one day he will grow up.

My family didn't get a home computer till I was around 15 and it was a crappy P3 HP desktop, we also had dial-up. You damn ungrateful kids these days.

I'm with you on that... Kids these days have it all... My 5 year old niece has a smartphone.. I don't even have one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

-snip-

Mind you I'm running on a Celeron M and I am grateful that I have a computer...

I don't have a smartphone and I am 12, I see kids running around with iPhones and random stuff like that...it really gets me mad.

Mind you I'm running on a Celeron M and I am grateful that I have a computer...

I don't have a smartphone and I am 12, I see kids running around with iPhones and random stuff like that...it really gets me mad.

Why does it bother you that you don't have a smartphone? In a way that is exactly like your brother.

It's simple .. We kill your brother.*joker voice*

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Why does it bother you that you don't have a smartphone? In a way that is exactly like your brother.

Mad as in they are wasting their time and falling for the apple marketing strategy..I'm perfectly fine without a smartphone.

Mad as in they are wasting their time and falling for the apple marketing strategy..I'm perfectly fine without a smartphone.

Well Apple has done a few things that have benefited the industry as a whole.

That also means that if they bought from someone like Samsung you would be fine?

He's 10.

Oh. My. God. 

Your brother is 10 years old. WHY DO YOU EVEN COMPLAIN?

Stop ranting about things that cannot possibly be different. Okay?

Also, it will spare you some nerves, you don't want to exhaust all your patience before you even hit teens. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If this continues on when he's in his teens, then have your parents send him to a third-world country, the ghetto, or homeless shelters for volunteering or boot camp to show him how hard life can be. If it's boot camp, then make sure R. Lee Ermey's the drill sergeant.

1-Full-Metal-Jacket-quotes.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Such a shame that our own siblings are completely computer ignorant -_-

Life.exe is missing

Get over yourself, having different interests doesn't make you a better person than he is. If he doesn't care about tech so be it, it's his stuff so he gets to treat it the way he wants and you should not judge him for that. Jesus christ you act like a computer is a living thing. For the record you're not supposed to put a book under a laptop. Although it might help with cooling, that is not how they designed them. Running 82 degrees load isn't bad either.

Thank you.

Read this over and over @WinNut

Wow, you really moaning at a 10 year old boy who get's everything? to me you are both spoilt to hell and back, by 12 i was in care after the abuse at home, feel good about yourself, stop being negative and wasting space on this lovely forum.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW