[RANT] My little brother is such a brat...

WinNut

WARNING- INCOMING RANT

C:\Users\WinNut>rant.exe /LinusTechTips

So my little bro has a laptop with an i5-520m (1st gen Arrandale) and 4GB of RAM. He barely does any intensive work on it, the most intensive thing he has done was play Roblox (which is a POS IMO.). He got a Dell S2240M for Christmas, a decent IPS 1080p monitor. However, he has barely used it at all. I told him that he was putting a high-end monitor to waste, to which he replied that he didn't care that he was wasting a monitor and that a monitor is just a monitor. In addition, he has a Lenovo T410 (a very good laptop) which he abuses to HIGH HELL. He never puts it up on a book (like you should with a laptop) and it hits 60 degrees idle and 82 on load, and he said he doesn't care if his laptop dies and he could just get another one. In addition, he just downloads random shit and complains his computer is slow, and mind you my boot times are better than his (specs are in profile). He said he didn't care what boot times is, which really pisses me off which shows he is a lazy brat who abuses his computer. He never takes care of his computer, he just tortures it. Earlier last year my dad offered me an upgrade from 2GB to 4GB RAM, and I took it up. He CRIED (not joking) that I got a RAM upgrade and demanded that he receive an upgrade (he already had 4GB at the time). When I checked his specs and told him that he had 4GB, he got really pissed off and went to our room (we share a room). He is also really computer illiterate and thinks that everything on the internet is good. It really pisses me off how I have learned to appreciate and take care of what I have while he just abuses it and expects replacements. 

C:\Users\WinNut>rant.exe /end

TLDR: Rant about my little bro abusing his tech.

PLEASE DON'T HATE!

Brotherly love

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Just make him pay for the repairs himself if any of his devices breaks down.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Buy your own shit and you won't have to worry about him demanding the same.

As for the whole abusing thing, it's his laptop/monitor he should be able to do whatever he wants with it, without his brother bothering him about it.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

get a job and show him whos large and incharge

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Woah this topic isn't by terrytek!

Also you could swap the monitors while he is away I doubt he'll notice.

Or you could do this:

Buy your own shit and you won't have to worry about him demanding the same.

As for the whole abusing thing, it's his laptop/monitor he should be able to do whatever he wants with it, without his brother bothering him about it.

Woah this topic isn't by terrytek!

Also you could swap the monitors while he is away I doubt he'll notice.

Or you could do this:

My monitor is an Acer S200HLABD, it's very different in so many ways plus mine is a lot smaller.

I guess I'll just quit offering him tech support and let him deal with his own problems. He needs to grow up from me fixing everything.

The Core i5-520M is Arrandale mate but enough of me being anal lol

You get these people and the best thing to do is not let it get to you. My brother has a half decent PC with a Core i3-3220 and a new Maxwell EVGA GTX 750 Ti but if the thing doesn't do what he wants he hits it, the funny thing is that he is 24 this year and ginger lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

He got a Dell S2240M for Christmas, a decent IPS 1080p monitor. However, he has barely used it at all. I told him that he was putting a high-end monitor to waste, to which he replied that he didn't care that he was wasting a monitor and that a monitor is just a monitor.

3143772542_he_s_right_you_know_by_nightd

Well a monitor is a monitor so your brothers right about that part lol. Some just people don't care and don't have to have a reason to care.

Buy your own hardware then he can't complain :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

We need a rant section.....

3143772542_he_s_right_you_know_by_nightd

Well a monitor is a monitor so your brothers right about that part lol. Some just people don't care and don't have to have a reason to care.

Buy your own hardware then he can't complain :P

I'm going to make money when I can make money and build meself an awesome rig.

We need a rant section.....

The thing would crash before the day is out :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

why does your little bro get better pc stuff than you even tho you are the enthusiast? Are you adopted or something? :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

why does your little bro get better pc stuff than you even tho you are the enthusiast? Are you adopted or something? :P

I'm the first son in the family. My parents are my biological parents.

IDK why I get the shaft when it comes to pc stuff when I am the enthusiast. It's not like he understands what happens inside his stuff anyway.

I'm the first son in the family. My parents are my biological parents.

IDK why I get the shaft when it comes to pc stuff when I am the enthusiast. It's not like he understands what happens inside his stuff anyway.

I have some ideas but they resemble GoT too much...

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

He just hasn't learned the value of money yet. 

When he has to earn it he'll understand  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Get over yourself, having different interests doesn't make you a better person than he is. If he doesn't care about tech so be it, it's his stuff so he gets to treat it the way he wants and you should not judge him for that. Jesus christ you act like a computer is a living thing. For the record you're not supposed to put a book under a laptop. Although it might help with cooling, that is not how they designed them. Running 82 degrees load isn't bad either.

Your profile says you are 12 so I'm not surprised your younger brother abuses tech and cries to get things as that is how children tend to be.

He's 10.

He's 10.

was going to suggest some pranks but maybe not now lol.

Your profile says you are 12 so I'm not surprised your younger brother abuses tech and cries to get things as that is how children tend to be.

He's 10.

OP you just solidified his point. xD

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Let's be honest, all non techies who abuse their equipment and don't care are always the ones who barely ever have anything go wrong. And when they do go wrong, they never show gratitude to those who help them.

My suggestion - eBay - sell him. Get another brother instead :D

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Why do you care, its his stuff. My brother's have broken 2 laptops and i have fixed them and now they are mine, same with stuff that they don't use i just take from them because they don't use them. If you are mad with him, like you said just stop giving him "tech support" untill he learns how to treat stuff, and cmon he is only 10, i doub't he cares about how much money a monitor or a laptop costs.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite