Is 750ti enough for 1440x900?

Go to solution Solved by Sonefiler,

Another thing: I can stretch my budget a little more, to a total of 11,500 MXN. I buy your combo, ir I change the FX 6300 for a i5 4570 and buy all the other things you listed? Thank you again, you are very helpful :D

If you have the money, go for it! You will also need to change the motherboard if you do so. Here, I'll figure it out for you.

EDIT: You will need to stretch your budget up to 12.278.60

post-64582-0-24328000-1402191324.png

Hi! I'm new here :D I have a few questions, if you can, please help me. 

Well, first, I'm from Mexico, so getting Hardware is a lot more expensive. With 1000 USD you hardly get a i5 4570 and a 760, if you're lucky, a 770. 

I have a 17" 1440x900 monitor (yeah, it's weird), and I don't want to upgrade to a 1080p monitor because like I said, it's very expensive, I'm an student and I don't have money to throw it and buy 4 way Titan Z SLI. 

I can choose between 2 systems:

1.- Core i5 4570 and Asus GTX 750ti

2.- Core i3 4130 and GTX 760

Wich one is better for gaming at 1440x900? I don't think that this resolution is demanding, so i want to achieve good FPS (40+ if it's possible) with good graphics (High or Ultra if possible) I also want to keep the system for a few years (like 3 before I upgrade GPU), but I know that you guys can't see the future.

So guys I need your advice :D I post it here because it had more sense than post it in CPU forum. 

I would choose the first option. the 750 ti will do fine.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

At your res the i5 because games depends more on the cpu

For 1080p gpu is more important so i3 with a better gpu

Whats your budget? and what are all the components your gonna be geting and what site are you ordering them from?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Go i5 750 ti that card is a best very new and it has great price to performance it will defiantly be fine for 900p I've seen 1080p Ultra settings with anti-aliasing in Battlefield 4 with good fps 

YES. it's made for 1080p so if your at that resolution you should be able to crank your settings up even further

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Could you get an 8320 and 760?

What's the rest of it?

Gigabyte GA-H81-DS2

Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz 8Gb (2 sticks of 4GB)

Corsair CX600M (I'm thinkin on CX500M)

I can get the 8350 (they don't sell the 8320) the only thing I don't like about AMD is power consumption, and energy in Mexico is expensive (yes, it's a crappy country) If I get the 8350 I would get a cheap Asus or Gigabyte Mobo, I wouldn't overclock and I would have to upgrade the Bios and all that stuff :(

Whats your budget? and what are all the components your gonna be geting and what site are you ordering them from?

Like 850 dollars, but I'm from Mexico so there's no newegg, NCIX or Amazon. If you want to know, the store is Digitalife (digitalife.com.mx)

Go i5 750 ti that card is a best very new and it has great price to performance it will defiantly be fine for 900p I've seen 1080p Ultra settings with anti-aliasing in Battlefield 4 with good fps 

Hell yeah :D Do you think that rig can last a few years running the games at good settings and FPS? I don't want to spend money each year upgrading the GPU :c

Can you do a 8320 and a 770/60? That would be your best option

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Can you do a 8320 and a 770/60? That would be your best option

Any Motherboard is ok? Even the low end chipsets? I have to update the BIOS right?

Edit: I can't get the 8320, only the 8350 BE, and cost the same as a 4670K :(

Hi! I'm new here :D I have a few questions, if you can, please help me. 

Well, first, I'm from Mexico, so getting Hardware is a lot more expensive. With 1000 USD you hardly get a i5 4570 and a 760, if you're lucky, a 770. 

I have a 17" 1440x900 monitor (yeah, it's weird), and I don't want to upgrade to a 1080p monitor because like I said, it's very expensive, I'm an student and I don't have money to throw it and buy 4 way Titan Z SLI. 

I can choose between 2 systems:

1.- Core i5 4570 and Asus GTX 750ti

2.- Core i3 4130 and GTX 760

Wich one is better for gaming at 1440x900? I don't think that this resolution is demanding, so i want to achieve good FPS (40+ if it's possible) with good graphics (High or Ultra if possible) I also want to keep the system for a few years (like 3 before I upgrade GPU), but I know that you guys can't see the future.

So guys I need your advice :D I post it here because it had more sense than post it in CPU forum. 

How about I just buy stuff 4 you in the US and then ship it too you lol

Its all looks these days

How about I just buy stuff 4 you in the US and then ship it too you lol

Haha the only problem are the import fees :D

Haha the only problem are the import fees :D

Haha what if I told you I had a private jet and a passport?

Its all looks these days

Hell yeah :D Do you think that rig can last a few years running the games at good settings and FPS? I don't want to spend money each year upgrading the GPU :c

I can't tell you for 100% percent sure but I can say if you keep the 900p monitor that every year with more graphically intensive games you will have to lower your settings but for now it's good and at 900p it should last for a while

Haha what if I told you I had a private jet and a passport?

Oh yes? Well I have bacon. What do you have?

Like 850 dollars, but I'm from Mexico so there's no newegg, NCIX or Amazon. If you want to know, the store is Digitalife (digitalife.com.mx)

Hey what parts do you need? I can work out something. Is it a brand new build? or upgrade?

Wow your taxes are insane on tech. 16%?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Oh yes? Well I have bacon. What do you have?

He has a private jet ... nuff said ;)

Let's agree to disagree

How's this build?

It cuts down on your electricity bill by having an APU instead of a CPU + Graphics card. It also lets you have a big SSD and a 1TB HDD. Unfortunately because of shipping fees all of the cases were super expensive so I went with a nice but very cheap case to put all your stuff. I put in very fast RAM because it really helps you for APUs, and I chose a budget friendly motherboard which doesn't have overclocking features I believe, but your electricity costs are bad so I don't think you would want to overclock anyways. If you DO want to overclock, get an overclocking motherboard instead and change the SSD to a 120GB SSD.

post-64582-0-93910000-1402182473.png

Hey what parts do you need? I can work out something. Is it a brand new build? or upgrade?

Wow your taxes are insane on tech. 16%?

Yup, and it all depends on the border guys (don't know how they're named). If you want to evade the tax you can take out the things from their box and keep them in your pockets or stuff like that, the problem is that if they find out, they can put the price they want to the stuff you want to import. For example, I buy a 100 Motherboard, and I take it out of its box, put it somewhere in my car and try to cross the border, if one of the guys find out, they can say that the Motherboard costs 200 bucks, and I would have to pay the taxes of 200 bucks. So at the end, it's almost the same importing Hardware as buying directly from here.

I would say come pick me up...

that's what they all say... if you had like a hot daughter or something i would be there tomorrow haha

Its all looks these days

How's this build?

It cuts down on your electricity bill by having an APU instead of a CPU + Graphics card. It also lets you have a big SSD and a 1TB HDD. Unfortunately because of shipping fees all of the cases were super expensive so I went with a nice but very cheap case to put all your stuff. I put in very fast RAM because it really helps you for APUs, and I chose a budget friendly motherboard which doesn't have overclocking features I believe, but your electricity costs are bad so I don't think you would want to overclock anyways. If you DO want to overclock, get an overclocking motherboard instead and change the SSD to a 120GB SSD.

Wow. This is better than my i5 4570 and 750ti combo? This build fits my budget perfectly, costs the same as the i5 one... 

EDIT: And what about upgrades? I was planing on buying a 760-770 (maybe Maxwell or AMD 20nm GPU's) And I don't know if the A10 is strong enough... 

Wow. This is better than my i5 4570 and 750ti combo? This build fits my budget perfectly, costs the same as the i5 one... 

It's not better. I thought that since you were saying that you wouldn't overclock and wanted Intel for low power consumption, that Mexico electricity is REALLY expensive. I made a much more lower wattage computer with this. I can make a more powerful computer on that website if you want.