Is there going to be 6gb 780 ti?

Direwolf6

I'll be doing a build soon and I want to use a 780 ti as my graphics card. The only issue I'm having is that I'll be running 3 Monitors, and at that point I'll could reach the 3gb on the 780 ti... Do I need to go for a Titan black or will there be a 6gb 780 ti?

There will I saw one in a video at computex also with a 780 I'll find the video then send it to you

If they make a 6GB GTX 780TI that will be pretty much a GTX TITAN BLACK, but cheaper. I doubt that nVidia will allow any manufacturer to this kind of stuff. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Probably not as the 800 series is just around the corner unless EVGA decides to make one but there's the Titan Black for this and it would be useless as there's just not enough bandwidth to update the memory effectively. I'd recommended a two R9 290 for 5760x1080 as you pushing 3K also AMD has superior multi display support or a single 780ti or 290X and a 1440p IPS.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Jacob from EVGA already said no.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Doesn't the 880m have a 8GB version or am I misinformed? It does seem that after all this time of 1GB, and people saying 1GB is all we'll ever need, that AMD and Nvidia are now really upping the Vram dramatically. 

Don't quote me on this but didn't the Xbox360 have 10GB?

Yes EVGA said  ages ago, about the 780(non TI) 6gb version being released and that the 780ti 6gb version will follow, but that was months ago.

Just found a site saying "Nvidia Prepping the GTX 780 Ti 6GB Edition for Launch – Waiting for Titan Inventory to Clear Up."

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-preparing-gtx-780-ti-6gb-edition/

We have just received information that AIC Partners are waiting for the GTX Titan inventory to clear up. After that happens the GTX 780 Ti 6 GB will be released. The stock of the GTX Titan is already in a somewhat slow trickle state because of the launch of the GTX 780 Ti. We believe that one of the major reasons why no 6GB version has been released yet is so that people still have sufficient reason to buy the GTX Titan. According to our sources as soon as the GTX Titan Inventory Status clears up the 780 Ti 6GB Variant will start shipping.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

That would render the Titan Black useless as a 780ti with 6gb of ram would be pretty much the same other then for the double precision and I don't think that many people buy it for that.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Yes EVGA said  ages ago, about the 780(non TI) 6gb version being released and that the 780ti 6gb version will follow, but that was months ago.

Just found a site saying "Nvidia Prepping the GTX 780 Ti 6GB Edition for Launch – Waiting for Titan Inventory to Clear Up."

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-preparing-gtx-780-ti-6gb-edition/

Nope, Jacob from EVGA later said that it wasn't gonna happen, also do yourself a favor and don't use that horrible website... ever.  :P

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Okay thanks guys... So a Titan black would handle the 3 monitors fine?

Okay thanks guys... So a Titan black would handle the 3 monitors fine?

Without a problem.

Take note that it has 2xDVI-D 1xHDMI and 1xDP.

A titan on its own can run up to 4 displays on its own. even my old 650ti boost could.

as for running a high demand game at high detail on all four I'd say likely not, though it should handle 3 pretty well on its own. you may get to a point where you'd use more than the 3gb that the 780 ti has, in which you'd benefit having the titan black, but you'll run out of compute power before you use all 6gb in a game.

Consider also, getting two 780 6gbs if you can run SLI. the non-ti 780 6gbs have already been released by EVGA (though they may be out of stock).

you get much better overall performance with two 780s than the single titan black for the same price, you get the 6gb of RAM that the titan black has, and two cards always look cooler in a case than one card. The Titan Black has extra cost because it also has double precision computing stuff that the regular 780(ti)s don't, but whether or not the 6gb 780tis are coming from any retailer is still unknown. Rumors say yes, then say no. then yes, then no. then announced yes, then confirmed no, then rumored again. so... I guess we'll see if a 780ti with 6gb is ever released.