why is Watch Dogs named Watch dogs?

technovore

as the title says ^

Also, why is Sleeping Dogs named Sleeping Dogs?

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

why are potatoes called potatoes?

dunno someone came up with it.

You do realise that you can make that with everything? Why are you named technovore?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I don't know about Watch_Dogs, but Sleeping Dogs is named Sleeping Dogs, because it uses Chinese symbolism in the name. Sleeping dog refers to still danger that can be loyal, and is therefor refering to Wei Shen being an undercover cop while he still have an emotional bond to the Sun On Yee. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

because you can hack and see (watch) everything and everyone, like a dog watching over, they're very good at it. I don't know :P

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

I don't know about Watch_Dogs, but Sleeping Dogs is named Sleeping Dogs, because it uses Chinese symbolism in the name. Sleeping dog refers to still danger that can be loyal, and is therefor refering to Wei Shen being an undercover cop while he still have an emotional bond to the Sun On Yee. 

Wow really? That's quite cool if true.

Because they wanted it to be compatible with Windoge 8 of course.

Why is Linus named Linus? 

God damit you guys. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

you lost me at chinese symbolism

you lost me at chinese symbolism

I'm asian and I can confirm this may be legit Chinese symbolism. 

EDIT: wow the text I quoted isn't what was typed at the time I hit the quote button, you guys edit posts so dam fast. 

"Don't want to sound harsh or something but deep inside your statement ... I smell bullshit"

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

[spoiler

I stopped here then saw it in the reply lmao I was determined to make it to the end then I questioned myself with a little help from you.

c9c6c85644df36f98db893ab7a457ac0.png

I stopped here then saw it in the reply lmao I was determined to make it to the end then I questioned myself with a little help from you.

c9c6c85644df36f98db893ab7a457ac0.png

Yeah, but there's a problem, doing this I reached spoiler limit...

Christ guys... aren't you tired?

3mZA0su.gif

I completed the story last night, you only hear the words Watch_Dogs once in the entire thing, right at the end

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

:(

Was preparing some stuff to do...

Regular Notepad? You need this.

One of my favourite pieces of software ever, even just for .ini editing it's the shit.

Regular Notepad? You need this.

One of my favourite pieces of software ever, even just for .ini editing it's the shit.

Best notepad out there. And the only one you'll ever need.

You didn't read the title? "Spoiler - Tiny"

Yeah, N++ is great :)

lol no I didn't notice it, but now I have I can say that I agree, really tiny indeed, so tiny you'd need a team of Chinese gold farmers just to click through it all.

Oh what have I started...

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!