Overclockers UK using LTT videos on their sales website?

WagwanBumba

Has anyone else noticed this vendor using LTT videos on their website and forums to promote products?

Is Linus aware of this? And is there some collaboration in place or something?

E.g. The Samsung U28D590 4K review that Linus did is being used a promo on the OCUK sales page.

Tried searching for an answer on this and didn't find anything

so? its fine it means extra credit to linus so more people know about him 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I know some people do look for videos on products they are looking to buy rather than reading about them. I think its good they have chosen to embed videos. The content of Linuses videos is pretty much the same as all the other tech review channels anyway.

I dont understand your question. Im sure they are free to embed any video they want, and it is up to the person that uploaded the video to disable embeds, right?

Its fine it just shows how well his videos are pccasegear.com uses his videos too.

I dont understand your question. Im sure they are free to embed any video they want, and it is up to the person that uploaded the video to disable embeds, right?

Yes they are. Embedding is nothing like those random 1 subscriber channels jacking and uploading all 328127 of his videos then getting banned the next day.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Is no one bothered about someone embedding someone else's work onto their site to make more money through them, without sourcing?

Its fine it just shows how well his videos are pccasegear.com uses his videos too.

Exactly what I's gonna mention. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Is no one bothered about someone embedding someone else's work onto their site to make more money through them, without sourcing?

Well....when you put it like that... :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Manufacturer's often use content made by YouTuber's for their product pages. If you look at PCCG's site, Linus has about 2 dozen videos on various products listed.

If they are embedding my original upload rather than ripping and uploading it themselves then its totally cool.

Love seeing my content used to help shoppers understand products better before spending their hard earned money.

I think the way it works... Is linus makes more money from exposure. The more people see his Videos the more people can buy product with informed decisions. The more exposure that Linus has IE companies using his review vids. Bigger companies will send him product to review which is nice for us viewers. "This Linus guy gets a lot of attention gentlemen lets send him cool stuff to review so we can make more money!" hehehe Plus that is what Youtube is for.... Sharing.... Embedding and ripping and uploading Two different things. Embedded mean Linus still gets credit for that view Rip and upload is stealing. Takes away from Linus... Poor Linus.... :*( 

I have seen both aria and overclockers show the same OC3D overview of a product (i believe it was an MSI motherboard) in their product descriptions, and the actual review discussed the pros and cons over like 40 minutes and ended up pointing out loads of flaws. I assume the people posting these videos on product descriptions watch the reviews first, which is pretty decent of them - they have enough confidence to say yeah, this product has flaws, but we are realistic and think this price is justified.

They are always embedded, which means any ad revenue and views go to the youtube channel as normal, and it therefore benefits everyone. I was very pleasantly surprised to see this practice and it should really be implemented more generally across these sites, at least for popular or more unique products.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.