Whenever i press i, it makes me type something random and switches LED lights (K70)

Tmh85
Go to solution Solved by Hecknologist,

I would take the keyboard apart and look for damage the tea could have caused. I'm assuming it would have bridged a connection so it could be as simple as cleaning it up with isopropyl alcohol.

Sooo i spilt a glass tea (Very small amount) and some of it went into my keyboard i grabbed a towel and wiped my keyboard going willy nilly with it.

Now whenever i press it types a random amount of something gibberish like

iop[]\eqw then it messes with my LEDs on my keyboard

is there something so that i can remap my keyboard

sorry for un-capital letters i have to copy and paste the i so it doesn't mess it up

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I would take the keyboard apart and look for damage the tea could have caused. I'm assuming it would have bridged a connection so it could be as simple as cleaning it up with isopropyl alcohol.

First dry your keyboard.

Second update the firmware.

Third go here:

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/K70_QSG.pdf
and look at step #3

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thank you two very much! Both of the answers helped me it must have just been a little connection made by the tea, thank you both very much! I was quite scared :/

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Thank you two very much! Both of the answers helped me it must have just been a little connection made by the tea, thank you both very much! I was quite scared :/

Please dont take your keyboard apart. It is very likely you won't be able to put it back together if you don't have previous experience doing this. Just let it dry somewhere warm, maybe use a blow dryer on it lightly.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Please dont take your keyboard apart. It is very likely you won't be able to put it back together if you don't have previous experience doing this. Just let it dry somewhere warm, maybe use a blow dryer on it lightly.

Wasn't that much of a hassle! (Using Blues)

Thanks for the help! :D

Hope I could help!

Wasn't that much of a hassle! (Using Blues)

Thanks for the help! :D

Np :)

Spoiler