Cooler Master announces revised Nepton liquid coolers

Rekx

So after a lot of people complaining about the loud fans on Cooler Masters liquid cpu cooler. The company desided to make revised versions of their Netpton coolers. The following models are getting a revision, Nepton 120XL, 140XL, 240M, and 280L. 

I have been looking at liquid cooling my cpu, but after some complaining about noise with one of these units, i desided to keep my air cooler. So this is perfect! But why did they keep that ugly tubing?

Here is a qoute from pcper article about the new improvements.

Cooler Master says their manufacturing process “eliminates microchannel imperfections in the waterblock to prevent blockage and allows for an increased surface area over 4 times greater than the competition, resulting in an extremely high performance waterblock.” The Nepton series also uses all-new “Silencio” fans, which Cooler Master claims will offer 11dBA noise levels and air pressure rated at 1.2 mmH2O. The cooling performance of previous Cooler Master self-contained liquid coolers has been dependent on some pretty loud fans, and while the stated 11dbA fan noise is likely based on the lowest PWM fan speed improvements in this area are welcome.

0521_19.png

No price or availability is announced yet.

Original Article: http://www.pcper.com/news/Cases-and-Cooling/Computex-2014-Cooler-Master-Introduces-Low-Noise-Nepton-120XL-140XL-240M-280L

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Sadly, I don't like that tubing. I like smooth tubing.

JUST LIKE MAH LADIES (jukes on you)

Same here, i hate tubing like that. 

You gotta love 'em all ;)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Some of these companies really really need to work on their tubing, that plastic strew crap just is not cutting it anymore, we want thick rubber tubing on the AIO's

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Some of these companies really really need to work on their tubing, that plastic strew crap just is not cutting it anymore, we want thick rubber tubing on the AIO's

Why do companies like cooler master make tubin like that, it can't be that expensive to make rubber tubing.

That is quite some static pressure achieved by the new fan. I usually that fan blade configuration will result in lower noise. i wonder if CM will sell them seperately?

The Eisberg series was the perfect way to go... except that freaking pump-noise.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

That is quite some static pressure achieved by the new fan. I usually that fan blade configuration will result in lower noise. i wonder if CM will sell them seperately?

If people are interested, then why not? Also it seems that everytime a company makes closed liquid coolers, they use fans which is already in their product line.

The Eisberg series was the perfect way to go... except that freaking pump-noise.

Glacier is properly my favorite. I didn't like the looks of the Eisberg line-up. Plus it was freaking expensive!

You could get a 360mm liquid cooler for the price of the Eisberg.

Sadly, I don't like that tubing. I like smooth tubing.

JUST LIKE MAH LADIES (jukes on you)

Shocked they didn't know better. That tubing should go the way of the floppy disk. Also, could they have placed "Cooler Master" anywhere else?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

What is the point of these larger AIOs now that there are a couple of AIO units that are actually expandable? I don't see the appeal of getting an AIO that's effectively locked down when you have options.

Those fans might be the prettiest thing coolermaster ever made.

Those fans might be the prettiest thing coolermaster ever made.

Which doesn't say much ^_^

Glacier is properly my favorite. I didn't like the looks of the Eisberg line-up. Plus it was freaking expensive!

Well, what do you expect, when they use alphacool components? It was (and still is) an excellent AIO cooler (one of the best), but as you said.. it's pricey.

Same here, i hate tubing like that. 

You gotta love 'em all ;)

but it's ribbed for her pleasure!

Well, what do you expect, when they use alphacool components? It was (and still is) an excellent AIO cooler (one of the best), but as you said.. it's pricey.

You can kind of compare it to buying a 780ti vs 780 ;-) 

You can kind of compare it to buying a 780ti vs 780 ;-) 

That's actually a really good analogy for it. Some cash up and get the 780ti/Eisberg, others are fine with the 780/Other AIO.. then again, if you could overclock AIO's.. hell, why even get a specific one then? xD

That's actually a really good analogy for it. Some cash up and get the 780ti/Eisberg, others are fine with the 780/Other AIO.. then again, if you could overclock AIO's.. hell, why even get a specific one then? xD

Overclocking of AIO's hell YEAH! though that would meen more noise from the pump. Still CM glacier, kraken x60 and swifttech are those i would buy.

are the glaciers loud?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

are the glaciers loud?

Compared to what? 240mm or 360mm liquid coolers.

Compared to what? 240mm or 360mm liquid coolers.

Compared to like a custom loop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Compared to like a custom loop

With the same size 240mm? Cause then it would depend on the fans, thickness of radiator and the size of the radiator of the custom loop.

Review by jayztwocents 

where he talks about how he couldn't have made a custom loop (same radiator size) which is cheaper and performs better.

With the same size 240mm? Cause then it would depend on the fans, thickness of radiator and the size of the radiator of the custom loop.

Review by jayztwocents 

where he talks about how he couldn't have made a custom loop (same radiator size) which is cheaper and performs better.

i mean like pump noise

i mean like pump noise

Oh my bad :P

I don't own one, so i can't really say anything about my own experience with it. Though from what i have heard the cooler dosn't have any problems with that. Though most time pump noise is a mistake in production. But i haven't heard anyone having problem with it in a large scale.

Remember the cooler is made/designed by Swifttech.

• 1 month later...

Any idea as to when the revised Nepton line will be released? I'm waiting on that and Fractal's Kelvin series.