Ducky Zero DK2108S [Orange LEDs, MX Brown] (lots of pictures)

viVmAGw.jpg?1

Click picture to get more information of the Ducky website.

Why did I bought it? 

I bought this Ducky Zero for a couple of reasons. I wanted an orange backlit keyboard, MX browns, US international layout and good build quality. 

This one had this all and came in at a very good price. 

It was very hard for me to find a keyboard in the Netherlands or Belgium with all these conditions. 
Luckly I found 2 options. Ducky Shine 3 or the Zero.
The Shine 3 was a lot more expensive. Almost double the price for me compared to the Zero.
So I decided after a while to get the Zero.  

Packaging.

I ordered this keyboard at Banggood.com. While the site has a very hilarious name, the pricing is as well very hilarious.

Free shipping to Belgium, wich was a nice touch.

It arrived very much on time, only 5 working days till it got here. 

It was wrapped in a garbage sack! ^^ 

CMk18Oq.jpg?1

Then wrapped in soft foam! It had multiple layers 

IegjnfY.jpg?1

The box, very simple. 

Zsxcutv.jpg?1

The back, clean and a short list of the features. Note: Water and beverages can't be poured into the keyboard! 

oTpGj9o.jpg?1?3474

The accessories.

Because of the price, it does not come with a lot of fluf. But honestly, i'm still very happy with what you get. 

• Ducky key-cap puller 
  • Key chain
  • WASD keycaps
  • Dust cover
  • Manual

lBVZehJ.jpg?1

The keychain has an MX blue under it. Sadly the ducky logo mounted on the keyboard won't light up. 

1I5AWTn.jpg?1

Dust cover that I will never use. But hey, you have the option. 

51ZOUD5.jpg?1

The user manual. 

mqIl88F.jpg?1

Yes it's on the back. 

2CulcYn.jpg?1

The keyboard! 
The first thing that instantly struck me is that this thing is big. It as well weights a good amount. (1210gr) 

It's a complete MX brown layout. 

It has a matte black base. THANK GOD! The layout is very simple. No fancy LEDs to show you that caps is on or off, etc. 
They simply let the LEDs on when your selected key is on. The minor complaint I have about this option is that it completely ignored the brightness. It is always on the max level. 

Almost no flex at all. 

5JvSXQt.jpg?1

2ltR8lb.jpg?1

MX browns with orange LED. 

GU6g9BN.jpg?1

Excuse me for the pictures with LEDs on, it's not easy to get good pictures and I did my best! 

As you can see, the function keys are light up on the max level, no mather what. 

P3uvOc0.jpg?1

LEDs are on when you enable certain keys. 

4DgmM0t.jpg?1

The feet are not of the best quality and don't have rubber on it to make it non slippy. The keyboard is slippy when the feet are in use, but when you type normally or even when you press down with force, the keyboard stays in it's position. 

Zx48Y1C.jpg?1

Yes the keyboard does move up quite a bit. The top of the top keys are 5cm - 2 inches, the bottom keys are 2,5cm or 1 inch high. In raised position. 

Oq9xc5O.jpg?1

Last beauty shot. 

viVmAGw.jpg?1

Conclusion. 

I have been using it for one day now and I have to admit, that I absolutely love the MX browns. I did have a MX tester. But it doesn't quite feels the same on it, but I did know this because the blue's were different as well. 

I had MX blue's before this keyboard and I honestly don't miss it. But your mileage may vary. 

The build quality is amazing. It simply feels very solid when you first pick it up. 

The accessories you get isn't much, but the keycap puller is awesome. Very nice to have when you want to clean your keyboard. 

The price is the real winner here for me. 

I can absolutely suggest this keyboard for anyone who is looking for an MX brown or blue, orange or blue backlit keyboard. 

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed my short review.

If you have any feedback or question's. Don't hesitate to post it. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I like my browns as well, I may get blues in the future for "something new" although IDK if I'll be able to deal with the noise.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I like my browns as well, I may get blues in the future for "something new" although IDK if I'll be able to deal with the noise.

Hah, I have to say the clicky sound on the blue's is very satisfying.

But I just wanted to have a more silent keyboard. Mostly because I am making a Noctua themed PC. Found it akward to have a pretty loud keyboard. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

But I just wanted to have a more silent keyboard. Mostly because I am making a Noctua themed PC. Found it akward to have a pretty loud keyboard. 

I'm planning on getting a MX switch tester first I think. IDK yet though, maybe if my KB ever breaks I'll do it but not yet.

I want to get a ducky DK9087G2 Pro  with this keycap set:

imageedit_3_5080267202.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm planning on getting a MX switch tester first I think. IDK yet though, maybe if my KB ever breaks I'll do it but not yet.

I want to get a ducky DK9087G2 Pro  with this keycap set:

-picture-

The MX switch tester that I got (but lost it) wasn't that acurrate. The blue's were a lot more clicky on the keyboard then on my tester.

Not that I cared about it, I actually liked it. I know that some other testers are mounted on a PCB wich probably helps a lot with the test/feel.

And that keycap set looks awesome. Altough I prefer a full black layout. I like a clean look. 

I've recently purchased a MX brown board full size ( CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate ) and I was of opinion that the keyboard was still a little too loud so today my blue rings from WASD came in and now my keyboard is a MX red-feeling with the tactile feedback ( The rings lower the noise and travel distance ) and it's really nice like it is now.

Maybe I should've bought reds, but I've never used a keyboard with reds.

I've recently purchased a MX brown board full size ( CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate ) and I was of opinion that the keyboard was still a little too loud so today my blue rings from WASD came in and now my keyboard is a MX red-feeling with the tactile feedback ( The rings lower the noise and travel distance ) and it's really nice like it is now.

Maybe I should've bought reds, but I've never used a keyboard with reds.

Well the browns are still not "quiet" but it's for sure a lot less loud then the blue's.. im very happy with it myself so far! 

But everybody has different opinions. 

Whats the difference between the Shine 3 and Zero?

Mainly features.

• Detachable cable + cable routing under keyboard. 
  • Rubber feet! (not that I would need it, the zero is heavy enough to stay in position when typing when lifted up) 
  • A lot more LED modes. Wave Marquee, Snake Marquee, Reactive mode, Ripple mode + custom on/off setup for keys you want. 
  • DIP switches for different settings
  • Price 

The noise isn't as loud as some people may think it is, but definitely louder than browns.