Have you seen this? Are anyone of you mining from your phones?

HTC have just launched the power to give app, it works in a very similiar way to BOINC or F@H

Excect it runs off your android device. The app has literaly just launched, with only "50+" downloads on the app store.

Edit: upon installing the app you can choose to which organization you give your phones "power" SETI@Hu
, WCG, Einstein@H, SIMAP, PrimeGrid, Yoyo@home are the current options

Edit2: the app will only "compute" when you are connected to wifi and have 90% battery remaining, i suppose this stops it wrecking your wallet and also stops the battery from dyimg mid calculatiom

Not a repost however it has been shown on the HTC YouTube page since yesterday I cant download it however I am trying too :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

could u do much with your phone tho? wouldnt it really benefit i know they say every bit counts but wouldnt this just be so low it actually isnt worth it?

it seems like it is based on boinc and it has boinc projects in it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

could u do much with your phone tho? wouldnt it really benefit i know they say every bit counts but wouldnt this just be so low it actually isnt worth it?

Individually no, but HTC seems to be trying to het ALOT of people to do it, it doesnt always hog all the power, so you can leave it running while on this forum, or watching a video, or texting, or doing other phoney things

Individually no, but HTC seems to be trying to het ALOT of people to do it, it doesnt always hog all the power, so you can leave it running while on this forum, or watching a video, or texting, or doing other phoney things

ah i see so it would be kinda like how they make some super computers by chaining multiple computers for combined performance but they would have to have alot of people but i guess basically everyone has a mobile so that many devices working together it may help but that depends on how many phones it takes to match a regular gpu and how many people actually use it maybe as phones get stronger this will become a bigger thing.

ah i see so it would be kinda like how they make some super computers by chaining multiple computers for combined performance but they would have to have alot of people but i guess basically everyone has a mobile so that many devices working together it may help but that depends on how many phones it takes to match a regular gpu and how many people actually use it maybe as phones get stronger this will become a bigger thing.

Exactly!

It would be good if this was some kind of opt-out feature built into android so the millions of android phones out there would automatically be contributing, that would probably make a difference big enough to be worth it... :)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

It would be good if this was some kind of opt-out feature built into android so the millions of android phones out there would automatically be contributing, that would probably make a difference big enough to be worth it... :)

I wouldnt be surprised if HTC starts making phones with this pre-installed.

Edit:words are hard

This could be interesting. While one person doing it might not provide much benefit, imagine the scale when 100 Million people are doing it. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

More ways for NSA to spy on us. Well HTC, if you really want to make a difference, just give us uptades for your F__king phones.

• 3 months later...

If you are, what speeds do you get, and what phone?

http://gadgetzz.com/2014/02/24/htc-teams-uc-berkeley-harness-computing-power-smartphones/

HTC has teamed up with UC Berkeley’s Dr. David Anderson, co-creator of SETI@home, for the HTC “Power To Give” initiative. You can already download the app from Google Play, install it and it’ll run in the background when your phone’s being charged up plus connected to WiFi.

its useless minings dead dont know why they would join in now

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

This was on the WAN show about 3/4 weeks ago i think. 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue