Download Commander

Jobobee

So, is anyone else having fun playing Download Commander?

I find it really fun, it's amazing to watch something download and hope that when you eventually turn your computer off that it won't start again from 0. It's also fun to hope that the download speed will go over 200KB/s and watch the estimated download time jump form 5 hours to 15 hours.

You need pretty good internet if you want to play it at a decent download rate, but it's not vital as the download is pretty slow anyway due to the fact that so many people like the game and play it.

I give it 8/10, Watch Load is also pretty good.

Took me 30 min.

Sweden.fiber.100/100.yolo.

Wow, you're a speedrunner.

Italy ADSL, "up to" 20/1 FTW!

It took me approx 4 hours. 835KB/s.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Meanwhile in Australia.

I slept for about 6-7 hours last night, started when I got off the computer and it was done when I got back on.

Not sure of the speeds because I was sleeping. ._.

Bitch please:

8/0.5 ;)

My other house gets "up to" 7/0.5.

Bitch please.

24/10 was the speed my dear ol mom had 6 whatever years ago, and 10-14 years ago we had dial up for a few months. It was fun, 55 min to load a picture <3

When I lived in England we had dial up until about 2005-6.

24/10 was the speed my dear ol mom had 6 whatever years ago, and 10-14 years ago we had dial up for a few months. It was fun, 55 min to load a picture <3

When I lived in England we had dial up until about 2005-6.

You have A WHOLE OTHER HOUSE!

You can't "bitch please" when you have almost as good of an internet connection as me in YOUR SECOND HOUSE :P

Well, the first one is a rented flat, but we just sold the place in London and are buying a new one here.

I have 4 internets. 2 were unintentional.

Unintentional internets are the worst :P

Well one of them was because we didn't realise that the place we rent came with a shared connection and we already had a contract, and anyway, I'm NOT sharing an internet.

The other was semi intentional. When we were with ISP A the internet kept going down, and when we went to ISP B it still happened so we got a satellite connection, but then ISP B said that they'd give us a discount if we stayed with them, so we did because the satellite connection has a data cap, and we rent the house out so we don't want people to use all of that data, and it was also good because the satellite one broke for 3 months.

So, is anyone else having fun playing Download Commander?

I find it really fun, it's amazing to watch something download and hope that when you eventually turn your computer off that it won't start again from 0. It's also fun to hope that the download speed will go over 200KB/s and watch the estimated download time jump form 5 hours to 15 hours.

You need pretty good internet if you want to play it at a decent download rate, but it's not vital as the download is pretty slow anyway due to the fact that so many people like the game and play it.

I give it 8/10, Watch Load is also pretty good.

The sarcasm is strong in this one ....

:P Normal download speed for me (500ko/s, not brilliant I know)...

When you quit and re-launch, normally with an installer like this download should resume where you left but I haven't tried it yet.

Only took me 30 mins at 2.7mb/s. I just got fibreop two days ago, thank god

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Well, the first one is a rented flat, but we just sold the place in London and are buying a new one here.

I have 4 internets. 2 were unintentional.

Pff rented.

I OWN a second house in france... PLAYA

Probably 30 minutes here at 4-5 MB/s

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Yeeaaaa ... weeeeelll......I have decent ups and downs here...

3543799282.png

took me 14 hours in Qatar... It's not about your connection speed as it's about the whole server capacity.

2/0.365
GOML

not really... :( 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I just finished Download Commander and am playing the sequel, Arena Commander. I have to say that I'm very disappointed. It seems rather dull.