Im upgrading to intel! assurance needed!

Faz592

Hi guys, my current rig is AMD A8 6600k powered, im finding that im getting lines through the screen when playing demanding games like assassins creed or bioshock.

Im hoping that is because of bottlenecking, and a i5 4670K paired with a MSI Z97 Gaming 3 mobo will solve the issue.

Here is the other specs of my pc as it is right now.

• CPU
    AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
  • GPU
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB
  • Case
    Corsair Graphite 230T Case Black
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD
  • PSU
    Corsair CS750M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
  • Display(s)
    50" Samsung LED Smart TV (series 5 5500)
  • Cooling
    Antec Kuhler 650 CPU cooler, + 4 Case fans
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSPORTS Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Tt eSPORTS Black 4000 DPI Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Turtle beach X12 + Home theater surround

post-68728-0-51907000-1401952067_thumb.j

Any suggestions as to why this would not work? or am i on the money with this?

Hoping to place my order by Monday afternoon, (5:09 Thursday arvo here in AUS ATM.)

post-68728-0-51907000-1401952067_thumb.j

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

I don't see how bottlenecking can show lines on your monitor, i would say the monitor itself or the GPU are having issues

I don't see how bottlenecking can show lines on your monitor, i would say the monitor itself or the GPU are having issues

I agree. GPU or display-related.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

what is the best gpu to pair with the a8 6600k? or try a different monitor to my 50"

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

First try onboard graphics to see if it's your GPU. If it gives no lines, but of course will have lag, then it was the GPU.

If you have another monitor, try that afterwards.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

try to just run on the onboard graphics first

remove the gpu and plug your display cables to the vga port,displayport or dvi

and go into BIOS to reactivate the onboard graphics

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Try on board, then try a new monitor. If neither of those fix it, you've eliminated them as the problems.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

those lines are caused by something that should probably be RMA'ed.

UPDATE.

With the gpu removed, i played bioshock infinite on ultra, (SO LAGGY) for about 10-15 mins, where it would usually give the lines, and no such thing... so might be that... might throw it back in and see how long it takes to get the lines again. its usually pretty quick 

i dont have a dedicated monitor, always used laptops or my pc that i didn't game on, using the tv, til this build... i put the gpu in and turned off the onboard graphics and got 15 mins out of the game on ultra, then the lines, its weird because the audio keeps looping and nothing can make the computer respond apart from resetting. 

Is your gpu overclocked? Try running it at stock clocks... Does the gpu have a bios update?

I have not overclocked the gpu, its straight out of the box and the AMD catalyst is up to date.  

UPDATE: still gets lines with a very small <30" tv. and about the same timeframe. 10-15 minutes.

I have not overclocked the gpu, its straight out of the box and the AMD catalyst is up to date.  

UPDATE: still gets lines with a very small <30" tv. and about the same timeframe. 10-15 minutes.

so with the gpu back in the pc you get the lines again

guess it really the GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Reinstall your drivers

Reinstall your drivers

or this method before you sent the gpu in for repairs

boost clock was at 1500 not 1020... thanks F-stream, fucked me over again.

thanks guys. i think ive fixed it without needing to spend more money! yay

boost clock was at 1500 not 1020... thanks F-stream, fucked me over again.

thanks guys. i think ive fixed it without needing to spend more money! yay

O_O 1500

Your PCB must look like this 

maxresdefault.jpg

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

no noticeable damage, play it one day at a time, if it dies so be it i suppose lol

• 3 months later...

I'm Having the same problem but its not my GPU or moniter because APU graphics has same issue and moniter is fine with other computer 

My System now I5 4670k ,H100i, Z87X-D3H, 8GB of Black Muramba, 7970 Sapphire with backplate , Thermaltake chaser A31 black with blue accents ,AX 760 With Blue Cabels, Samsung 840 120gb SSD ,1TB Black ,256 Ultra Plus SanDisk

well its not really a bottleneck right now. but if you really want to upgrade anyways. go do so. i believe that the GPU or monitor is the actual problem though. so why not spend that 3-5 hundred on a GPU and monitor. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I'm Having the same problem but its not my GPU or moniter because APU graphics has same issue and moniter is fine with other computer 

Joke has a new problem tho so feel free to help him.\

But the other guy has been helped and this thread is months old...

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

well its not really a bottleneck right now. but if you really want to upgrade anyways. go do so. i believe that the GPU or monitor is the actual problem though. so why not spend that 3-5 hundred on a GPU and monitor. 

How did you find a 3 month old thread and reply to it?...  :mellow:  :mellow:

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

How did you find a 3 month old thread and reply to it?...  :mellow:  :mellow:

idk man. it was the first thing on the troubleshooting thread and i didnt look at the date. this is a mega facepalm i guess. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

idk man. it was the first thing on the troubleshooting thread and i didnt look at the date. this is a mega facepalm i guess. 

It's all good. :P

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor