GTA 5 not coming to pc

chimmychunger

I'm 99,99% sure it WILL come to PC, why?

They did not say it will not come to pc.

Many previous GTA games, I think at least: 3/VC/SA/4 were all announced on consoles first, with "no plans for PC version" every single time. And then, a few months later, oh yeah, a PC version is coming.

So I think we don't have to worry.

I'm dutch, so feel free to correct any spelling mistakes I might make.  I try to do the best I can!

Spoiler

CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K GPU: Asus ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI PSU: Corsair HX1000 V2 MEM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz  COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500gb +1tb NVME / Samsung 840EVo 1tb / HGST Ultrastar 10tb

Does anyone have a source for this information?

I can't think of anything to write here.

I don't have any good hopes for GTA 5 so i don't care that much.

GTA san andreas, vice city and GTA 3 were great, but gta 4 was so limited... glad i didn't bought that one.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I'm sick of this overly protective stuff, i wanted to see "minecraft-the story of mojan" and yea, i looked on the bay, but then i saw something awesome, they uploaded their own video!

just asking that people please help and buy it if they like it, it was awesome so i did buy it!

Tom law did this with his award winning film "timescapes" too

i think people need to accept, piracy is there, and its not going, but you will still make heaps of money.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rockstar-states-that-gta-v-pc-is-up-for-consideration-pc-gamers-launch-a-petition-to-show-interest/

Here it states they're putting PC up for consideration. Rockstar will have worked out that it would be a massive loss if they didn't.

I think they're saying it so that people will pre-order the console version and then bring out the PC version a little later on for little more profit.

Its just clever marketing!

A good game, not brought directly from the consoles, but built up to be a computer game, that would be great. Shame if that's true.

MEH

I think it's a waste if they don't release it on PC. It's such an amazing game with amazing graphics and it would be such a shame if it only existed on consoles. Even if people do pirate it' date=' they would still make a lot of money. We could still emulate consoles on our PC's, but the graphics wouldn't look as good and it would still be troublesome. [/quote']

There are no Xbox 360/Playstation 3 emulators avaible. Just saying ^^

http://xbox360emulator.net/ I am not sure if this will work but it seems like there are some xbox 360 emulators and I am sure there are some ps3 ones as well.

Corsair 650 D Case  - I7 2700k OC to 4.5  - 16 gb 1866 corsair vengeance ram  - 7970 OC 1200 MHz Clock speed stock memory speed  - Xonar STX  - ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME-Z  - Corsair AX850 PS  - 2TB HardDrive - Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD as the boot disk for windows 7 Pro  - Das Ultimate Silent Keyboard  - Razer Deathadder Mouse  - Sony MDR V6 Studio Monitoring Headphones  - 2Benq G2420HD Monitors

It probably is coming to PC. Also piracy is an awful excuse.

Generally if someone pirates a game on the pc and they like it, they buy it. well that's the case with my friends and such. Seriously, for example Avatar was the most pirated movie at one point but it was still one of the highest grossing movies of it's year.

If you really want it on PC, you should check out the link.

http://www.change.org/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

It is coming to the PC.

If I'm not wrong didn't GTA IV for PC came out a couple months after it was on the consoles?

Saw it coming a mile away with the lack of Red Dead Redemption PC. To be fair, it won't hurt their sales that much honestly. Also GTA IV didn't play that well on PC, it was more fun on console for me, at least more fluid.

Me and a friend predict in a year or so they will release it on Steam. Then all of us will wait for one of those steam sales where its like 75% off and pick it up.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I think it's a waste if they don't release it on PC. It's such an amazing game with amazing graphics and it would be such a shame if it only existed on consoles. Even if people do pirate it, they would still make a lot of money. We could still emulate consoles on our PC's, but the graphics wouldn't look as good and it would still be troublesome.
There are no Xbox360/PS3/WiiU Emulators.

I think it's a waste if they don't release it on PC. It's such an amazing game with amazing graphics and it would be such a shame if it only existed on consoles. Even if people do pirate it, they would still make a lot of money. We could still emulate consoles on our PC's, but the graphics wouldn't look as good and it would still be troublesome.
I got a PS3 emulator that boots up fine, but I never played any game on it yet :D

Use less shitty DRM, that reduces piracy. I remember not being able to play Max Payne 3, just because Rockstar social thing wouldn't work.

I don't like that. If I can choose between buying a game that might be unplayable due to really shitty DRM, or a crack that allows me to play without problems, I know what to take. (For the record: I still buy the game, then use a crack).

Anyway, Rockstar ports suck anyway (MP3 was better, but still shitty). I'll be playing SR4.

Bought a RROD Xbox 360 for this reason, bought it for £10, HDD £10 and fixing it cost me £3. £26 for a now working xbox just for GTA 5.

Shame it won't be on PC and I hope it will later on at least.

Very disappointed about this. GTA is one of my favorite games and number 5 not coming to PC is quite annoying.

I think everyone is reading out of context. It doesn't sound like they said it will never be on PC, rather it will not LAUNCH on PC.

With that said, I really hope they don't mess it up with a poorly optimized port like they did with GTA IV and it's ridiculous resource balancing and bottlenecks.

Claiming piracy as the reason for not launching on PC is a very poor excuse. People will pirate the game for consoles as well. They are ignoring the PC platform for my guess of a few reasons. They don't want to delegate resources by having the team develop the same game on additional platforms plus additional licensing fees (It's cheaper and easier to leave PC out). They have been "funded" to launch only on consoles to keep those sales high and further promote consoles. And of course many believe the PC gaming market is dead.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

So they make great graphics for a game that is going to be console-exclusive? Somebody in Rockstar who makes the choices need to be fired.

That have NEVER stated that they will NOT bring the came to the PC platform. They've only stated that they're focusing on the PS3 and XBOX 360 for the time being. So this March or so, we'll see it released for those two platforms that later on in the summer, we'll most likely see Rockstar Games release GTA V for the PC.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

• 3 weeks later...