EVGA Titan Z release prices

PuNkPoEtS

Oh good, more poor 12 year olds complaining about the price of a card they'll never afford to own.

Remember that saying? If you are complaining about the price...

Nvidia won't lose money on these. They'll sell out every last one. Thats the power of marketing for you and in 12 months time ATI will figure out how to get away with the same thing that Nvidia is doing now.

Its not like the Titan Z existing means Nvidia stops making 760-780s for normal people, does it? Those are still there. Buy them. Buy a few of them. This card is not for you, so for fucks sake stop bringing up the inflated price as if its the reason the world will end.

so I expect you to buy a titan z because you seem to disregard the price?

What saying are you referring to?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

so I expect you to buy a titan z because you seem to disregard the price?

What saying are you referring to?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it. 

Why would I buy it? I have zero need for a workstation card like that, even though I render a fair bit. Also why I don't bitch about the price, it has zero bearing on my purchasing ability or needs. 

Disregarding the price doesn't mean you'll automatically buy it. It means that those who actually need it aren't going to scoff at that price. Those who really want it will get it. 

Everyone else just sits around and doesn't care (most of us) and the small minority goes around and bitches the loudest about not being able to afford it. 

Oh good, more poor 12 year olds complaining about the price of a card they'll never afford to own. 

Sorry, I forgot we can't criticise what seems to be a poor business move. People bring up the over the top price to point out that it is inferior to the AMD equivalent in performance and cost. 

We are also struggling to work out who it appeals to. It is NOT a workstation card, it is advertised as a gaming card, it has gaming drivers. So, if it is aimed at gamers, gamers are well within their rights to point out that it isn't an affordable option.

$3000 is a pretty good price for two workstation cards. The Titans have always been good value if you bought them for what they were intended for and not just used it as a 780/Ti.

The UK price is the equivalent of $4000, which is still a geographical rip off but less bad than I was expecting. Normally when transferring from USD to GBP they change the currency but keep the numbers the same, which would have brought it over $5000.

Workstation cards with no 10-bit support. 

tumblr_inline_mrlg51lW9w1qcf95d.png

WORST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY FOR BOTH GAMING AND WORKSTATION.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

$3000 is a pretty good price for two workstation cards. The Titans have always been good value if you bought them for what they were intended for and not just used it as a 780/Ti.

The UK price is the equivalent of $4000, which is still a geographical rip off but less bad than I was expecting. Normally when transferring from USD to GBP they change the currency but keep the numbers the same, which would have brought it over $5000.

its a good price for 2 workstation cards but what it is not is a good price for 2 titans.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

the titan z has one advantage over the titan and that is that you can use it to fit 6 titan cores into a full tower case whereas you can only get 4 titan blacks. Other than that there is no reason to buy this card.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Nvidia won't lose money on these. They'll sell out every last one. Thats the power of marketing for you and in 12 months time ATI will figure out how to get away with the same thing that Nvidia is doing now. 

Blast from the past.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Why would I buy it? I have zero need for a workstation card like that, even though I render a fair bit. Also why I don't bitch about the price, it has zero bearing on my purchasing ability or needs.

Disregarding the price doesn't mean you'll automatically buy it. It means that those who actually need it aren't going to scoff at that price. Those who really want it will get it.

Everyone else just sits around and doesn't care (most of us) and the small minority goes around and bitches the loudest about not being able to afford it.

it's called intelligent discussion, you don't have to afford something to have an opinion on it. A large majority of tech review sites agree that it's too expensive but apparently they're just a small minority of bitchy poor people.

But if you read my posts you would understand that it's not only the price that doesn't make sense, it's who they are marketing it to. Gamers, not professionals. They did the same thing with the original titan and it baffled reviewers.

This is a tech forum that allows open discussion, no one is bitching about anything, we are simply giving opinion.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

it's called intelligent discussion, you don't have to afford something to have an opinion on it. A large majority of tech review sites agree that it's too expensive but apparently they're just a small minority of bitchy poor people.

But if you read my posts you would understand that it's not only the price that doesn't make sense, it's who they are marketing it to. Gamers, not professionals. They did the same thing with the original titan and it baffled reviewers.

This is a tech forum that allows open discussion, no one is bitching about anything, we are simply giving opinion.

+1 It is marketed towards being a gaming card, it has gaming drivers. Double precision performance means squat for 99% of 'professionals', most (like in my workplace) need Quadros because programs will not allow GPU acceleration without having signed firepro/quadro drivers. 

K5000 > Titan-Z and is $1000 cheaper. 

+1 It is marketed towards being a gaming card, it has gaming drivers. Double precision performance means squat for 99% of 'professionals', most (like in my workplace) need Quadros because programs will not allow GPU acceleration without having signed firepro/quadro drivers.

K5000 > Titan-Z and is $1000 cheaper.

it is a gaming card through and through, I could understand if it was launched as a pro Sumer card along with a 790ti gaming card or something to that effect that had the same performance but lacked the DP and professional features in turn letting the price a fair bit. But that didn't happen.

Hail Sithis!

Wait what news is this? My work, Micro Center, sells it for $2999 on the shelf and it has been on the shelf for a week or two. I think we even had the card in for the past few weeks before initial launch. Co-workers kept putting it up and the manager had to put it back because it wasn't released yet.