Scientific Calculator for College Calculus?

ionbasa

I need help  picking a calculator for my college calculus class. The teacher requires both a graphing and a scientific calculator. I already own an TI nSpire, so I am good with the graphic calculator.

We are only allowed to use a scientific calculator on our exams though, but we are allowed to choose whichever scientific calculator we want.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I've been thinking about the TI-36X Pro as it is only $19 at a local store. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Typical TI-84 Plus is overpriced but reliable. And for scientific you can just use your smartphone :D

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Typical TI-84 Plus is overpriced but reliable. And for scientific you can just use your smartphone :D

I already have a graphic calculator: The TI-Nspire

And read my comment, It is needed for Exams. There is no way in hell we are going to be allowed to pull out our cell phones during an exam.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

all TI calculators are banned in the uk exams that sucks we are stuck with the casio gt series

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

http://web2.0calc.com/

Best calculator ever

I need a physical calculator to use In class during exams.

all TI calculators are banned in the uk exams that sucks we are stuck with the casio gt series

Where in the UK do you live and what exams are you sitting?

In A-Level exams, you can use graphical calculators as long as they can't do non-numeric algebra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I need a physical calculator to use In class during exams.

I used this for all my engineering BA and I never needed anything more "sophisticated".

Casio-fx-991ES-Scientific-Calculator2-90

Spoiler

On exams?  I don't think so.

The TI-30XIIS will do well

Meh, I gave my 30XIIS to my sister. I used that calculator when I was in high school algebra and Trig. 

I've been thinking of picking up the TI-36X Pro, just for the convenience factor.

Where in the UK do you live and what exams are you sitting?

In A-Level exams, you can use graphical calculators as long as they can't do non-numeric algebra

london, to be more accurate reigate college, we have aqa as the exam board, my friend had a TI-84 and he had to change his calculator because the TI-84 was on a blacklist.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

london, to be more accurate reigate college, we have aqa as the exam board, my friend had a TI-84 and he had to change his calculator because the TI-84 was on a blacklist.

Well yeah, some graphical calculators are banned.

Calculator regulations are government, not exam board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

In my calculus classes you could not use a calculator of any kind... But then they usually didn't actually expect you to solve the problem, just get it to its most basic function.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro