Hi.

I have been having trouble with my computer.

My computer Halts/Crashes when doing something that's heavy load, for example: Rendering a video in premiere pro,Playing Battlefield 4 and 3,etc. It doesn't even say a error, it just shuts off. 

Please tell me what could be wrong. I was thinking it was my power supply because it's a bad make and company but I don't want to buy something if it doesn't fix it.

Computer specs:

MB: ASrock n68c GS-FX

CPU: AMD FX-6300

RAM: Don't know the company but: 8GB (2 x 4GB)

GPU: Radeon HD 7770
HDD: 1 x Western Digital 500GB: Don't know what series.

PSU: Dynex DX-PS500W

Thanks.

That PSU might be the problem. When your computer is under load, its not feeding enough power to it to keep it on I guess.

That PSU might be the problem. When your computer is under load, its not feeding enough power to it to keep it on I guess.

Why do you say I guess?

Why do you say I guess?

Because that brand is an unknown brand to me

Why do you say I guess?

well i have never heard of that brand so i would say shit psu 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I would also say shit PSU. What PSU would you recommend?

From my personal experience i would say Corsair Cx 600 ,you can find it on ebay for 68/75 Euro.

I was thinking on a 850w because I am going to be upgrading my computer and buying parts 1 by 1 very soon after my psu. 

Dynex is one of 2 psu brands owned by Best Buy(the other being RocketFish)  so yes, shit psu

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

have you looked into event viewer to see if it is software or a power dropout?

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

have you looked into event viewer to see if it is software or a power dropout?

I would not know how to look for that in the event viewer. Is there a tutorial or can you tell me how?

I would also say shit PSU. What PSU would you recommend?

corsair seasonic or coolermaster 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I would not know how to look for that in the event viewer. Is there a tutorial or can you tell me how?

Start>Control panel>Admin tools>Event Viewer let it load up will take a little bit to load, in the middle you will see a column that says event type anything causing a crash to power off will be critical if it was caused by the psu you will have one under error something like kernel power.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Anything 600w+ should be surplus based on the pcpartpicker listing. Reference: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

Start>Control panel>Admin tools>Event Viewer let it load up will take a little bit to load, in the middle you will see a column that says event type anything causing a crash to power off will be critical if it was caused by the psu you will have one under error something like kernel power.

All my Criticals in the event viewer are all Kernel power.

All my Criticals in the event viewer are all Kernel power.

Means the system lost power unexpected so its not software thats likely psu

Means the system lost power unexpected so its not software thats likely psu

Thank you for telling me that. So now I know what is wrong with my computer.

Thank you for telling me that. So now I know what is wrong with my computer.

Obviously do the usual check everything is fully connected test another psu or use a multimeter with the current one if you are good with electricity i can explain how to dupe it to power on, with a really bad psu the rails should be out of ATX specs without a load.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Kz8jX What about this power supply? a Corsair RM750

I don't have first hand experience with it but anything 80+Gold certified should be excellent. I approve it.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

hey i have the same problem but i have a

MB: MSI pg760-p23 

GPU: XFX R7 260x

PSU: Corsair cx430

what can i do is the PSU???

I don't have first hand experience with it but anything 80+Gold certified should be excellent. I approve it.

Ok great thanks.

• 1 month later...

So I just upgraded to a new power supply, the CX750 and it still shuts down or halts when I play battlefield 4. That's all I have tried for now. Anyone have any ideas?