No it just shuts down, nothing is on. It just totally shuts off.

In that case your PC might not be set to automaticlly reboot after a crash. Mine is, hence why it power cycles

Did you buy the PC from a local store or online?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

No it just shuts down, nothing is on. It just totally shuts off.

This really sounds like your processor is faulty under loads. Did you do anything to it recently? Also you said that you custom built your PC? How old is it now?

Spoiler
  • CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • Motherboard:  MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi
  • RAM:  G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 Memory @ 6000MHz
  • Graphics:  Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Ultra W OC 8G-V
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • PSU:  Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O- Wireless @ 1600dpi, 1000Hz
  • DAC: JDS Labs OL DAC
  • AMP: JDS Labs O2 AMP
  • Headphones: Hifiman HE-400I w/ZMF Ori Lambskin pads
  • Soundbar: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana
  • Monitor 1: BenQ EL2870U @ 3840 x 2160, 60Hz
  • Monitor 2ASUS Predator XB252Q @ 1920 x 1080, 240Hz
  • Monitor 3AOC G2460 PQU @ 1080 x 1920, 144Hz

This really sounds like your processor is faulty under loads. Did you do anything to it recently? Also you said that you custom built your PC? How old is it now?

1 year old, I haven't touched the cpu in terms of overclocking or anything. 

In that case your PC might not be set to automaticlly reboot after a crash. Mine is, hence why it power cycles

Did you buy the PC from a local store or online?

I custom built my PC. How do you turn that off? But it doesn't reboot it just crashes and I have to turn it back on via the power button. There's no rebooting at all.

I custom built my PC. How do you turn that off? But it doesn't reboot it just crashes and I have to turn it back on via the power button. There's no rebooting at all.

You'd need to get a successful boot into Windows to turn the auto-restart back on. If you can though:

System>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Startup and Recover>Settings.

About 2/3 down under "System Failure" is a check box for "Automatically restart". That's what causes Windows to restart after a crash, so you don't have to do it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Thats because the auto reboot is set to off.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

In that case, you might just have bad luck and your processor is dying ahead of time. Can you use Prime95 to stress test your system and duplicate this issue? You said that the computer crashes under load correct? Maybe you need to underclock and undervolt your processor

Spoiler
  • StorageKingston KC3000 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive @ 7200rpm
  • Keyboard: Cooler Master CK550 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/Gateron Red switches

In that case, you might just have bad luck and your processor is dying ahead of time. Can you use Prime95 to stress test your system and duplicate this issue? You said that the computer crashes under load correct? Maybe you need to underclock and undervolt your processor

I tried Prime95 and it shuts down after 2 seconds of running. I tried lots of ram and lots of cpu and it shuts down after 2 seconds. (The ram test takes 7 seconds to shut down) And my computer kinda crashes under high load but it's always a game and atleast 1 more program open. Most of the time it shuts down when playing BF4 but once in a while it just shuts down when just having chrome open, it's really random if it comes to anything other than BF4.

Since this is 6 pages, I'll mention here I haven't bothered to read really any of it.

I'm going to ask though, have you checked event viewer for the cause of the crash. and if you have, is it Kernel-Power (Event ID 41)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Thats because the auto reboot is set to off.

Do you want me to turn it on and how?

I tried Prime95 and it shuts down after 2 seconds of running. I tried lots of ram and lots of cpu and it shuts down after 2 seconds. (The ram test takes 7 seconds to shut down) And my computer kinda crashes under high load but it's always a game and atleast 1 more program open. Most of the time it shuts down when playing BF4 but once in a while it just shuts down when just having chrome open, it's really random if it comes to anything other than BF4.

Maybe you'd want to try underclocking/undervolting? Your problem sounds like it's due to a faulty processor

Spoiler

Since this is 6 pages, I'll mention here I haven't bothered to read really any of it.

I'm going to ask though, have you checked event viewer for the cause of the crash. and if you have, is it Kernel-Power (Event ID 41)

Yep that's correct.

Maybe you'd want to try underclocking/undervolting? Your problem sounds like it's due to a faulty processor

The clock speed is default and the volt is default. I don't want to hurt my cpu even more so please tell me what to do.

There you go, your problem is your PSU. Kernel-Power 41 is caused when the PSU fails to supply power to the CPU. This could be caused by the PSU over-heating, it could be caused by a faulty component in it. Take the PSU to a repair tech, and see what they say. Most likely, it will be to get a new PSU.

The clock speed is default and the volt is default. I don't want to hurt my cpu even more so please tell me what to do.

Ok before that though, I need your motherboard model cause looking back 6 pages to find it while writing a tutorial isn't fun

Spoiler

Ok before that though, I need your motherboard model cause looking back 6 pages to find it while writing a tutorial isn't fun

ASrock N68C-GS FX

Do you want me to turn it on and how?

All it does is speed up the time between a black screen and reboot, by rebooting on its own without shutting down the hardware. Its only a convenience thing AFAIK

Just for the record, the Kernel-Power error doesn't automatically mean it's your power supply's fault, as evidenced by my case.

ASrock N68C-GS FX

And your processor?

Spoiler

AMD FX 6300

Ok I need to know the current values so here's what you do:-

1. Go to BIOS by spamming your DEL key
  2. Look under Advanced
  3. Check your bus clock and voltage values and tell me what they are
Spoiler

Ok I need to know the current values so here's what you do:-

1. Go to BIOS by spamming your DEL key
  2. Look under Advanced
  3. Check your bus clock and voltage values and tell me what they are

my votlage is 1.344. I checked that with cpu-Z

my votlage is 1.344. I checked that with cpu-Z

I need to know if the voltage is automatically adjusted and if it is you need to change it to 1.3V

Spoiler

I need to know if the voltage is automatically adjusted and if it is you need to change it to 1.3V

Ok I will check in the bios

EDIT: It changes randomly, it says it in CPU-Z.

Hi, so I looked in  CPU-Z and it changes randomly it goes from 1.344 to 1.355 etc. So is that automatically adjusted?

If the Memtest came out fine, try to under-volt your CPU's VCore (core voltage) using this guide.

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.