The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt
On 11/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mytre said:

I have an r7 260x sapphire, as the one showed in yellow. Overclocked almost the same But I cant pump the volate higher tna 1100mv, at 1200mhz core clock and 1600mhz memory it was unstable and crashed and resetted settnigs. maybe the person who did that setting could atualy point me to which software they used for overclocking it.

could be your cooling, you may need to remove the heatsink and use some better thermal paste, when I had mine I changed out the stock thermal paste for some arctic silver and it helped the temps a good amount

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

current overclock GTX 460 just trying to see what I can get out of this old hardware, had to mod the bios to unlock the fan speed Evga had it capped at 70%..stupid, I also need a better case using  a stock HP DC7900 case andd airflow is none existant in thee case had to turn the fan in the PSU into an intake fan to keep the ramm cool and thats with the sidepannel off

Screenshot (10).png

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

Is this database dead? There's nothing current on there for nvidia (and probably AMD, don't really know whats their current anymore). 

Or maybe overclocking has changed and there isn't really a point for nvidia gpus?

I am whatever I am. 

On 12/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, dev893 said:

could be your cooling, you may need to remove the heatsink and use some better thermal paste, when I had mine I changed out the stock thermal paste for some arctic silver and it helped the temps a good amount

I already did that, I was idling at 35 to 40C and max temp of about 65C .  Maybe the model of cards? the r7 260x sapphire oc edition had two versions, the one I had was stock clock 1050mhz. he probably had the x2 dvi oc edition which has a stock clock of 1150? I am now selling that r7 260x, got myself a 1070.

10 hours ago, Mytre said:

I already did that, I was idling at 35 to 40C and max temp of about 65C .  Maybe the model of cards? the r7 260x sapphire oc edition had two versions, the one I had was stock clock 1050mhz. he probably had the x2 dvi oc edition which has a stock clock of 1150? I am now selling that r7 260x, got myself a 1070.

yeah one I had was a XFX core edition one

14 hours ago, N3rot0xin said:

Is this database dead? There's nothing current on there for nvidia (and probably AMD, don't really know whats their current anymore). 

Or maybe overclocking has changed and there isn't really a point for nvidia gpus?

I just think people don't want to risk frying their $800 video cards, atleast till prices start coming back down

9 hours ago, dev893 said:

I just think people don't want to risk frying their $800 video cards, atleast till prices start coming back down

There's titans on there tho. 

I am whatever I am. 

On 12/19/2017 at 11:20 AM, N3rot0xin said:

OCing is fairly... foolproof? Nothing to report? Every card and its mother from current Nvidia will just hit something like 2050MHz, and getting to 2100MHz+ on the core is either luck or severely low temperatures. Neither of which involves much elbow grease. Unless you're on a laptop with no shunt mod and your vBIOS is power limiting you to tomorrow, then OCing won't do too much I reckon.

As for AMD, you've got me beat there. Lot of undervolting and overclocking and stuff can be done to eke out perf

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

54 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

OCing is fairly... foolproof? Nothing to report? Every card and its mother from current Nvidia will just hit something like 2050MHz, and getting to 2100MHz+ on the core is either luck or severely low temperatures. Neither of which involves much elbow grease. Unless you're on a laptop with no shunt mod and your vBIOS is power limiting you to tomorrow, then OCing won't do too much I reckon.

As for AMD, you've got me beat there. Lot of undervolting and overclocking and stuff can be done to eke out perf

I wouldnt call it luck, maybe extremely bad luck if you dont get card that goes 2100+ without mods. 

Every single GTX1060, GTX1080 and GTX1080 Ti i have ever owned easelly go 2100Mhz+, only cards that have not done 2100+ were GTX1070's.

Without mods higest of my pascal gpu's were GTX1060 6Gb 2188Mhz with max core voltage, max power limit, +1000 memory, +205 core.

GTX1080 and GTX1080 Ti's were around 2110-2164 but all of them went 2100+.

With mods and watercooling Asus GTX1060 Dual OC 6G went 2296Mhz on core (vcore mod 1.2v + powerlimit mod), this card is true golden sample.

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

8 hours ago, SlowMixit said:

I wouldnt call it luck, maybe extremely bad luck if you dont get card that goes 2100+ without mods. 

Every single GTX1060, GTX1080 and GTX1080 Ti i have ever owned easelly go 2100Mhz+, only cards that have not done 2100+ were GTX1070's.

Without mods higest of my pascal gpu's were GTX1060 6Gb 2188Mhz with max core voltage, max power limit, +1000 memory, +205 core.

GTX1080 and GTX1080 Ti's were around 2110-2164 but all of them went 2100+.

With mods and watercooling Asus GTX1060 Dual OC 6G went 2296Mhz on core (vcore mod 1.2v + powerlimit mod), this card is true golden sample.

I mean, the majority of 1080Tis that were around on launch as far as I remember stopped around 2050MHz. I've also heard of 1080s do less and more, depending on vendor, but was told 1080Tis were basically all the same. But yeah honestly even laptop cards do 2100MHz+ on 1080s once you have the power to feed them.

I don't even think the voltage is really needed until you're trying to get to like 2200

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

7 hours ago, D2ultima said:

I mean, the majority of 1080Tis that were around on launch as far as I remember stopped around 2050MHz. I've also heard of 1080s do less and more, depending on vendor, but was told 1080Tis were basically all the same. But yeah honestly even laptop cards do 2100MHz+ on 1080s once you have the power to feed them.

I don't even think the voltage is really needed until you're trying to get to like 2200

My EVGA 108ti ftw3 almost refuses to go past 2050mhz core, and doesn't more thatn +25 to the memory. I thought it was bad luck in the Lottery but perhaps they're a little more limited from the start?

I am whatever I am. 

15 hours ago, N3rot0xin said:

My EVGA 108ti ftw3 almost refuses to go past 2050mhz core, and doesn't more thatn +25 to the memory. I thought it was bad luck in the Lottery but perhaps they're a little more limited from the start?

To my knowledge a lot of 1080Tis won't go over 2050MHz or so.

As for the memory... it's probably near its limits already, but I couldn't begin to guess. Maybe bad luck this time?

• 4 weeks later...

ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo GPU@2 152 MHz MEM@1 269 MHz ( on air cooler 52C )

Fire Strike 17 227 LINK

• 1 month later...

I'll have to re-do my runs but i can get +150 on core and +450 on mem on my 1070 Armor (micron).  +500 mem is stable everywhere BUT heaven.  Where do I upload the images when i'm done?

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14358259

Edited by YouSirAreADudeSir
added 3dmark score

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 28/02/2018 at 1:54 AM, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I'll have to re-do my runs but i can get +150 on core and +450 on mem on my 1070 Armor (micron).  +500 mem is stable everywhere BUT heaven.  Where do I upload the images when i'm done?

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14358259

As promised, here are my settings and run screenshots

The Run screen shot was taken at end of second pass in Heaven

Settings.png

Run.png

Edited by YouSirAreADudeSir
Spelling

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

• 4 weeks later...

My new Rig, but really bought the wrong gpu! 

MSI GAMING GeFroce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB!

That temp was doing Kombustor GPU Stress

gaming at 4k it stays 74-75

Going to have to void Warranty and water cool GPU. Have the stuff to put a 120mm Aio on it.

What do you think?

Already have a 120 Aio on CPU.

Here is what I have:

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 16299 (64-bit)
CPU Type: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
Memory: 16GB G Skill 3200
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Hard Drive: ST33000651AS (3TB)
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (500GB)
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB (500GB)

MSI Kombuster Stress Test GPU TEMP!.jpg

7 hours ago, zappedrepair said:

My new Rig, but really bought the wrong gpu! 

MSI GAMING GeFroce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB!

That temp was doing Kombustor GPU Stress

gaming at 4k it stays 74-75

Going to have to void Warranty and water cool GPU. Have the stuff to put a 120mm Aio on it.

What do you think?

Already have a 120 Aio on CPU.

Here is what I have:

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition build 16299 (64-bit)
CPU Type: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
Memory: 16GB G Skill 3200
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Hard Drive: ST33000651AS (3TB)
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (500GB)

MSI Kombuster Stress Test GPU TEMP!.jpg

Which particular flavour of 1080ti do you have?  The Armor? Or is it a reference one?

Hello, friends. Can you help me? I'm trying to squeeze a little juice from my MSI gtx970 Gaming 4g. But I have this problem... I can clock my card to 1480 core and 4000 memory. It even passes stress tests =). Right after start card turboes to 1493 core and changes back to 1480 when temp reaches 65С. Also the temperature stops rising at 72C. If I give it some OV (40-60mv) it stop throttling and temp shots up (stopped test at 83C). Is it normal behavior? Is it safe? 

Right now I disabled OV, but ran into another problem. Card (1480 oc) can pass 1 hour of Furmark, 3DMark and Superposition, but games started to crash with errors after long sessions (something about shutting down the video driver). Some games crash (Overwatch on min settings and PC Building simulator) and some don't (FF XV and AC Origins).

Can someone share the experience with me, should I touch voltage, or is it better to just lower the frequency?

Right now I use safe 1470 core & 3995 memory preset and it works fine in games...

P.S. Sorry, not the best English, I know...

On 4/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, ru_Seami said:

Hello, friends. Can you help me? I'm trying to squeeze a little juice from my MSI gtx970 Gaming 4g. But I have this problem... I can clock my card to 1480 core and 4000 memory. It even passes stress tests =). Right after start card turboes to 1493 core and changes back to 1480 when temp reaches 65С. Also the temperature stops rising at 72C. If I give it some OV (40-60mv) it stop throttling and temp shots up (stopped test at 83C). Is it normal behavior? Is it safe? 

Right now I disabled OV, but ran into another problem. Card (1480 oc) can pass 1 hour of Furmark, 3DMark and Superposition, but games started to crash with errors after long sessions (something about shutting down the video driver). Some games crash (Overwatch on min settings and PC Building simulator) and some don't (FF XV and AC Origins).

Can someone share the experience with me, should I touch voltage, or is it better to just lower the frequency?

Right now I use safe 1470 core & 3995 memory preset and it works fine in games...

P.S. Sorry, not the best English, I know...

Don't OV, it's doesn't really help with current and last Gen nVidias.  Down-clocking is normal.  1493 will be your max GPU Boost frequency.  This will clock down.  It's the normal way GPU Boost works.  I pressume you already maxed the Power and Temp limit sliders?  These can help.  If it stops rising at 72C, praise be and thank the silicone lottery gods and decent cooling :) 

19 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Don't OV, it's doesn't really help with current and last Gen nVidias.  Down-clocking is normal.  1493 will be your max GPU Boost frequency.  This will clock down.  It's the normal way GPU Boost works.  I pressume you already maxed the Power and Temp limit sliders?  These can help.  If it stops rising at 72C, praise be and thank the silicone lottery gods and decent cooling :) 

Yes, I raised the limits in the very first place. In fact, I have advanced in setting up my card. I realized that raising the voltage increases the boost frequency of my card, even if the base frequency is untouched. The most stable frequency that my 970 can survive (without artifacts and crashes) is 1480mhz. So I lowered the voltage so that it does not affect the boost frequency, and raised the base frequency so that the boost frequency is 1480mhz. And now it never falls (survived 1 hour of FurMark)! I'm very happy!

P.S. I adjusted the fan curve and the temperature stops at 70~73C. Is it safe?

Безымянный.jpg

On 12/04/2018 at 8:14 AM, ru_Seami said:

Yes, I raised the limits in the very first place. In fact, I have advanced in setting up my card. I realized that raising the voltage increases the boost frequency of my card, even if the base frequency is untouched. The most stable frequency that my 970 can survive (without artifacts and crashes) is 1480mhz. So I lowered the voltage so that it does not affect the boost frequency, and raised the base frequency so that the boost frequency is 1480mhz. And now it never falls (survived 1 hour of FurMark)! I'm very happy!

P.S. I adjusted the fan curve and the temperature stops at 70~73C. Is it safe?

Безымянный.jpg

Yeah 70-73 is fine.  Founders/Reference cards usually sit at 80-83 all day without a hitch.  Don't worry ?

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Which particular flavour of 1080ti do you have?  The Armor? Or is it a reference one?

Armor, But put a Aio on it never gets over 60 now and getting 2075ish clock in benchmarking compared to less than 1800

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. This is my first post on the LTT forums so I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I'm having a problem.

A few days ago I started up my PC and as usual Overclocked my HD6850 (Using MSI afterburner) as I normally do to get half way decent performance from games. I could care less about noise so I crank the GPU's fan speed to max and let it sit to cool down for a little bit without playing any games. I  usually got a great 36 Degrees Celsius but today I'm getting no lower then 42 idle (which I know is still OK but it worries me that its gotten higher) degrees, my screen is artifacting and looks like it's tearing up when I increase core clock,( Made sure the cable is secure) and my performance in games has gone down a ton. Have I fried my GPU or do you think there is something making it get hotter and preform worse?